Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on who would have a suitable airbag defeat switch and installation instructions?
I have submitted my request to NHTSA to officially allow me to install airbag defeat switches on my 2008 Taurus. I had put defeat switches into a 1995 Caprice Wagon that I used to run on Open Road Races.
I now need to have the defeat switch because I am mounting an iPad near the passenger side air bag and the bag has to be turned off while racing.
It is a good idea anyway to turn off the air bags because they are not safe to have go off while wearing a full helmet. There have been a couple of cases of broken jaws.
David

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got my NHTSA letter on the airbag defeat switches. I am going to call a Ford dealer tomorrow to see if they can do the work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford dealer could not put in an air bag on/off switch. I contacted Pro-Gard who sells the AOI air bag on/off switch and they put me in touch with a local area dealer/installer. The got in touch with United Access Carrollton, TX and they are ordering the parts.
David

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed today at United Access - Carrollton, TX
AOI-0022 Airbag Switch, Front Passenger Universal
AOI-0023 Airbag Switch, Front Driver Sienna

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
1 Participant
lambdapro
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing