Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2007 Ford Taurus 3.0 Vulcan, pretty much all options think it has all options, but the passenger side axle keeps popping out, also has a parasitic draw that I can't figure out it's got a brand new alternator, idler and tensioner, but the major problem is the popping out of the axle, about a new axle but I want to make sure it's the right one before I go installing it I have to drive the car and here in a little bit I'm probably going to get stranded again so I was looking for any advice I can get. Also does the in too be a clip in shaft ??? Ty for your time

Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light Hood

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Font Auto part Rectangle Circle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My Axel pass side, keeps popping out while I drive the vehicle, trying to figure out whether it needs to be replaced or not I think it might be too short the axle boot is always compressed on one side of car, bought another axle but I want to make sure it's the right one that and I wonder if there's a clip that's supposed to hold in trans any help plz I keep getting stranded in this car and I can't afford another tow I have everything with me to fix it
Communication Device Font Screenshot Gadget Technology

Font Screenshot Communication Device Gadget Parallel

Font Screenshot Electronic device Communication Device Multimedia

Font Material property Rectangle Screenshot Communication Device

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The original OEM CV axle numbers were TX 440 & TX 441, they are now obsolete, so you have to cross reference to the latest numbers for the proper fit and the driver side is the same on both tranny's, the passenger side is shorter on the AX4N 19 BOLT than the AX4S 17 BOLT tranny, and by the way the AX4N was built for the V8 motors(SHO and Lincoln Continental) so it is the stronger and better tranny. Good Luck
[/QUO
Can't install wrong side. One side is male, other is female. Pictures on RA.
-chart-
Then why does it keep popping out when driving something isn't right, maybe no clip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts