Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have just recently bought a used 2007 Ford Taurus SE.

The dealer that I bought it from did not give me any keyless entry keyfobs.
I went to a local Ford Dealer to buy one, but they said that this car does not have the keyless entry module installed for this vehicle. The hooked up the computer to the car and it says that it can not communicate with the keyless entry module or it does not exist. They also said that the car would not go into program mode as well.

Is it possible to purchase this module at a junkyard or somewhere else?
If so, does anyone know where to install this module once I have purchased it?

Or should I just go with a 3rd party system?

I would like to have a keyless entry system for this car since it has only the driver's side door lock on it.

Thanks
Binks2001

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You should go for a third party system. From what I've heard, it's hard to put in the factory system.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
:werd:
I went that route when I had my 02 without keyless.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just did that this weekend on my 2006 Taurus. Mine also came without any factory keyless entry. Spent a little more for mine as it also has the remote start function, but just the keyless portion can be had for around $50 or less. If you can hook up 8-10 wires you can save yourself some extra bucks and do it yourself. Not much involved with everything located under the dash. Mine does lock/unlock with horn, parking, and dome light, trunk pop, panic mode, and it's set up to lock and unlock the doors with the ignition key. There are web sites that have wiring charts showing what wires you need, what color they are, and where they are located. You're 2007 should be about the same as my 2006 I think!

By the way also looked into trying to do the full factory keyless and way too much to fiddle with. You have numerous relays to either add or change and I believe the PCM would also have to be re-flashed to allow the system to work correctly. Not as easy as simply adding a wiring harness. Plus I think the parts were something like $250. The aftermarket ones are much cheaper and actually have more options to program in I you desire. Take it from someone who has just been down that road!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information!

I think that I will look into getting a 3rd party system for my car then.

Does anyone have a recommendation on companies/products that I should consider?
Or an online resource to get me started?

Thanks,
Binks2001

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased an Autopage system. Also Audiovox Prestige I hear is pretty good. A lot of folks also swear by the DEI product lines.

Are you interested in a keyless entry only or other features such as an alarm and/or remote start??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (bcsman @ Mar 3 2009, 08:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704914
I purchased an Autopage system. Also Audiovox Prestige I hear is pretty good. A lot of folks also swear by the DEI product lines.

Are you interested in a keyless entry only or other features such as an alarm and/or remote start??[/b]
Right now I am looking for a keyless entry system with the following features:
Lock/unlock for the doors
Auto lock when the car is started
Panic button
NO Trunk actuator. ( I have had friends in the past have problems with another vehicle's keyfob unlatching the trunk)

Hope this helps.
Binks2001

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure Audiovox makes just a keyless entry system, but Autopage makes the KE-120. It will do the items you listed and more! It's priced after a Google search at $42.00 at a few stores plus shipping.

Also not sure about the DEI products, but you can search for them. Installation for what you want should be pretty simple!

Did a quick search and found Audiovox makes the APS45B keyless entry system. Also has the features you listed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts