Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Taurus (bought in March 2011) just came back from dealer for a cat replacement under the federal mandate.

What's not cool is on the way home it popped another check engine light. My cheapy code scanner says P0201 with the arrow at the red.:eek:

It has 72,000 miles almost, and I checked the fuel injectors with the screwdriver test all were clicking (the 5 I could get to).

I have no $ and not really sure of mechanical stuff beyond changing oil, so any responses in plain English would be appreciated. Also, this is our only car at the moment as the impala may have just given up the ghost. :toilet_claw:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry to get off topic, but I have an 07 Taurus as well. How do you get the cat replaced? What breaks on these that has the dealer replace parts of the exhaust?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We got one injector replaced $200 later and the same codes popped on again.:angry:

Hard to start sometimes, runs roughly, and lousy mileage. Plus a smell of gas now and then and smoke heavy from the exhaust. I have no clue what to do next.:huh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called the dealer where we got it and they actually got it fixed for us.:wub: So next car we look at will be from there but will get it looked at first and get a warranty. :eek: Turned out the wiring to injector #1 was shorting out and leaving the injector open all the time. Still has lame mileage, but not as bad as it had been. Next I want to get the exhaust replaced and a flush and fill possibly.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
your mpg should be between 19 and 24 city and 29 + highway. if your injector was leaking then there is a chance that it made its way into the oil, fouled the plug and loaded the cat with raw fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts