Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 ford taurus and my code has popped up P0430. I was wondering what all it could be really hoping i dont have to replace the catalytic converter. Any ideals on what to do next or where to go from here are appreciated.

·
Registered
22,529 Posts
Yes, B2S1 o2 sensor is the upstream (pre-cat) bank 2 (front/radiator) o2 sensor with green elec. plug. You can check Rockauto online for part#'s and prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, B2S1 o2 sensor is the upstream (pre-cat) bank 2 (front/radiator) o2 sensor with green elec. plug. You can check Rockauto online for part#'s and prices.
Ok ty for the help. Do you know of a good place to go for a video or wallthrough on how to replace it?

·
Registered
22,529 Posts
Locate it behind the radiator, unplug the green elec. conn. and remove it with a 7/8" (22mm) combo wrench or o2 sensor socket.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have an 07 ford taurus and my code has popped up P0430. I was wondering what all it could be really hoping i dont have to replace the catalytic converter. Any ideals on what to do next or where to go from here are appreciated.
Check your coil. Remove it and look on the underside. If you see a crack in the coil, you will need to replace. Also check your spark plug wires. When were they replaced. Check the resistance in them. Finally check the spark plugs. When were they replaced?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a similar issue which turned out to be an exhaust leak before the catalytic converter, specifically the flex pipe between the manifold and catalytic converter decaying. Might be worth checking that out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts