Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Winter run, 3rd weekend of Jan. the weekend of Jan. 21st. All new run.

Had a blast today driving the new Winter run course, just a couple roads to re-test then I'm done. Drove 307 miles yesterday. Lots of twistys with up downs, and sweeping rolling turns.

The best thing about it is we won't have to drive all the way out to Ranger to start, the start is about 10 miles west of Weatherford going south, east of Stephenville looping around back Granbury way..
:banana: :chili:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Three of the roads I tested yesterday looked like the road in this video two of them minus the cliffs though.

http://www.hedfud.com/media/displayi...lbum=2&pos=172

:D

Plus these are the kind of roads we drive on our Fall run out of Bandera, TX

:chili:

Surprising to find roads like these that are not in central Texas too.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Due to low particpation looks like this run will be postponed to later in the year. To bad too it's a really nice course. The roads chosen are very desolate, so desolate that while going through many of the twistys you can use the entire road without fear of on coming traffic.

If and when we do this run we won't be meeting at Rigmar Mall, instead we will meet up somewhere in Benbrook on 377 just off I-20 and take 377 down to Tolar, TX for the start of the run at FM56 and Hwy 377.

B)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
1 Participant
blue92
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing