Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just got a 2006 taurus for my kids first car. It's a bit of a fixer upper. I need help identifying a part please. As the transmission has issues. No reverse and leaking fluid. I'm trying to figure at where from. The leak in working on isn't at the pan but passenger side under side of engine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,038 Posts
Those larger hoses are part of the cooling system. They have nothing to do with the tranny.

Looks like there is either a tranny fluid leak or PS fluid leak. Have you correctly checked tranny fluid level? (car on level surface, fluid at operating temp, engine running at idle)? These transmissions, as with most transmissions are very sensitive to correct fluid level.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jeff thank you for the reply. And sorry for my ignorance im New to these cars. But yes I did determine that's the lower radiator hose. What's throwing me off is the fluid is red. The transmission in this car does seem to have issues as it will engage reverse but won't go. I've only had it a couple days so trying to figure out all out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you tell me what the metal lines are above the lower radiator hose? One of those is what's leaking on to the hose. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
8,038 Posts
Tranny cooler lines or power steering lines. Both tranny and power steering use Mercon V tranny fluid.

Reactions: sheila
1 - 8 of 8 Posts