Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
On my gosh....

Would you take a modded 1997 and a stock 1999 for it? :dunno: I will bring them over sometime this weekend. :thumb:

Love the car! :wub:

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. Should I put a warning up? :D

BTW.. 168 hp 1.6L supercharged with intercooler.
Exhaust has a little rasp when you let off the pedal at higher RPM.. Designed to be that way stock.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Let me whip out my checkbook..... :makeadeal:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts

Exhaust has a little rasp when you let off the pedal at higher RPM.. Designed to be that way stock.
[/b]
btw, the stock 06's made much more power than 168. there are stock 06's making more power at the wheels than the JCW cars.....

also, does it have the factory LSD?

Andrew

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
btw, the stock 06's made much more power than 168. there are stock 06's making more power at the wheels than the JCW cars.....

also, does it have the factory LSD?

Andrew
[/b][/quote]

No way a stock S is going to make more than a JCW. JCW is a modified S engine (S engine is same as the base engine.. just has the addition of the supercharger and a few changes on intake and exhaust) JCW has a supercharger that spins faster (essentially a smaller pulley), other different internals (I think possibly heads), different exhaust, different intake box.. It is like saying a vulcan stock will make more than a duratec stock.
Easy way to get a HP gain is to put a 15-16% pulley on the supercharger.. and give you around 15HP iirc. Intake box will gain you around 5 HP at high RPM.

Think of JCW as a tuning kit. If you take a stock S engine and modify it yourself, you CAN get more power than what the JCW has to offer, but it is not stock anymore. There are Minis with over 300hp twin charged. (Turbo in addition to the supercharger)

No, this doesn't have the LSD.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back up for sale.. sold my Sable and need something bigger
edited mileage & price in first post.
Also have one of the original aftermarket auto-up window modules, never installed, that I found and will include.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts