Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well howdy all. It been quite awhile since i last visited the website and im glad to see that its gotten MUCH better. Next month will be 3 years since I (reluctantly) traded in my 93 GL Essex for a brand new KIA Spectra. Given the reputation KIAs' had at the time of my purchase i was quite skeptical of my purchase but the situation demaned i have a new car and quick. Like i said it will be 3 years on the 19th and i have been PLEASANTLY suprised with this car. It has a fun lil DOHC 2 liter engine with 137 HP/Torque. I forked over for the "sport" model with the tuned suspension and ground effects. The front end effects bit the dust long ago...lol. The suspenison has proved to be quite fun and I'm looking forward to tuning it alittle more since the warranty went away earlier this month when i rolled over 100k. I plan on doing an intake with headers and things of that nature. I still miss my old 93 bull and the lovely pull of that torque, but alas it was startin to break fatser than i could come up with the money to fix it so it had to go. Don't miss the mpg though :lol2: as my car STILL gets 32 mpg after over 100k in less than 3 years. But in all fairness KIA's now are just badge engineered Hyundais. But as i said I am quite suprised and pleased with my car.

I lost a good portion of the pics so all i have is one for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Very nice! My folks were making a case for me to get a Kia/Hyundai when I got my Focus. It was a very nice car!

·
Registered
223 Posts
truthfully i dont like the kia or hyundai's with exception to the genesis. But then again you really dont see too many sport model kia's here and i have to say it looks nice.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
It looks to be a fun car to drive, honestly I think those are not bad at all. :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a website where i can get just about everything i need to tune it. From carbon fiber hoods to turbochargers it has it all. Everyone rest assured im not gonna put some god awful body kit or ricer wing on it. The most im gonna do body wise is put a carbon fiber hood on, and when i do that im gonna paint it the body color so no one can tell. I prefer to keep the low key look with my car and let the performance do the showin off. Soon as the income tax check comes in im gonna order a CAI along with a big bore throttle body. Then when the stimulus check comes in im gonna order headers along with a high flow muffler. Then further down the line I'll start on the suspension. The site i found offers virtually everything ill need from tower braces to vented and slotted brake discs. By the time im done my lil kia will be a force to be reckoned with. :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts