Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 17 and have just joined this after realizing how helpful it is with my 2006 taurus. I just recently had the check engine light come on finally after 15 years. My stepdad had it before me and he took very great care of it and now I am trying to take are of it and fix everything with it just because I don't have enough money for a new car yet. So anyways I have been working on it trying to fix it. I checked it with our code reader and it had given me a code for the mass air flow sensor so instead of replacing it to save money i just cleaned it out and sprayed it with MAF cleaner. That had cleared from the scanner after I cleaned it.

What happened in the first place was it would idle so rough and then as soon as it warmed up it would get even worse and then eventually after i'd say 15 minutes it would stall. Or while I was driving and pull into a spot or slow down to a almost idle it would stall out.

Now i'm here trying to figure out all of these other codes with the PCM and I cleaned the ground after doing a bunch of research on it and it still doesn't want to run properly and I really dont have the money for a new PCM.

If someone could please help me figure this out it would be very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,767 Posts
What were the exact code(s) you currently have? Any pending codes?

Have you cleaned and lubed the IAC?

What are the long term fuel trims at idle and with the engine under load, such as driving at 40 to 50 mph?

·
Registered
2001 Taurus SES Sedan in Chestnut
180 Posts
Check out the elbow tube on the upper intake at the most left side and close to the firewall, they go all the time and it makes the car run badly (part of the vacuum system). Good Luck

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you have recently disconnected the spark plug wires, it is real easy to put the wrong wire on the spark plugs in the back 3 spark plugs. Check the wires to make sure that they are wired correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts