Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a "new" fleet car for my job, a 2006 Taurus SEL. It has 33k on it and is much cleaner than my former fleet 05 SE with 181k on it when they retired it.

This 06 SEL has a console, white faced gauges, nicer wheels and is somewhat clean inside. I'd suppose this 06 was a former rental. Who cares, I'll rack up 150k on it in 2 to 3 years.

Anyway, It has the keyless entry pad on the door. The dealer (who we buy 5 fleet Bulls from a year) wants 40 dollars to tell me the code. There are no white tags on the trunk, in the glove box or in the owner's manual. Can I find the code without paying the stealer for something they should have given me in the first place. Also the cheap bastards didn't give me a remote fob. Can I buy one off ebay and program it?

It's odd. My SE had a manual seat and had ABS. My SEL has no ABS and a power seat. I'd trade the power seat for ABS since I live in the snow belt.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
That's a bunch of bs! All they gotta do is type in your vin into their database and then u have the code! What a ripoff! They did that for free when i bought mine! The code is stamped on the pcm, otherwise u have to pull it out of the dealer's ***. I wonder if another dealer will give it to u for free. I can't believe they want to charge $40 for 15 seconds of time! Bring in the purchase reciept for the car and talk to their sales mgr, if they still won't give it to u for free, then complain to Ford about it-if they even care.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got a "new" fleet car for my job, a 2006 Taurus SEL. It has 33k on it and is much cleaner than my former fleet 05 SE with 181k on it when they retired it.

This 06 SEL has a console, white faced gauges, nicer wheels and is somewhat clean inside. I'd suppose this 06 was a former rental. Who cares, I'll rack up 150k on it in 2 to 3 years.

Anyway, It has the keyless entry pad on the door. The dealer (who we buy 5 fleet Bulls from a year) wants 40 dollars to tell me the code. There are no white tags on the trunk, in the glove box or in the owner's manual. Can I find the code without paying the stealer for something they should have given me in the first place. Also the cheap bastards didn't give me a remote fob. Can I buy one off ebay and program it?

It's odd. My SE had a manual seat and had ABS. My SEL has no ABS and a power seat. I'd trade the power seat for ABS since I live in the snow belt.

Thanks for reading
[/b]
I found that weird too... My SEL doesn't have ABS either.. shouldn't the topline model have ABS standard rather than an option

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Welcome to ford decontenting their cars again.
In 2005, ford dropped the price of the SEL slightly but made alot of items optional rather than standard, including the tec, ABS, 6 disc changer, heated mirrors and other items. :(

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
That is why after '05 the gen 4's were reduced to nothing but a cheap rent-a-car, GM did the same to the old Malibu (classic) before the new body style came out. But heck, it's cheap reliable wheels that's nothing more than an appliance to get you to point a and b. The '06 and '07 should have been re-named (Taurus Classic), :rofl2: the universal rent-a-car, and the 500 should have been named Taurus all along, that way one can tell a Taurus apart from rent-a-car Taurus (Classic).

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
That is why after '05 the gen 4's were reduced to nothing but a cheap rent-a-car, GM did the same to the old Malibu (classic) before the new body style came out. But heck, it's cheap reliable wheels that's nothing more than an appliance to get you to point a and b. The '06 and '07 should have been re-named (Taurus Classic), :rofl2: the universal rent-a-car, and the 500 should have been named Taurus all along, that way one can tell a Taurus apart from rent-a-car Taurus (Classic).
[/b]
haha taurus classic and taurus

i think I have an idea, ima go around all the se's i can find and replace the s with an r. Whats it going to stand for? Taurus ®ental (E)dition.

·
Super Moderator
8,225 Posts
Welcome to ford decontenting their cars again.
In 2005, ford dropped the price of the SEL slightly but made alot of items optional rather than standard, including the tec, ABS, 6 disc changer, heated mirrors and other items. :(
[/b]

You got that right. At least the PO of my 05 SEL (2 year lease return) ordered every option available. Thats why I bought it after looking at about 500 Tauri that had been decontented to the max.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I kinda wish I had a '05 with a Duratec, the Vulcan is a little too slow for me, but it's gets the job done, rent-a-car style with no abs! My old '88 Park Ave had abs on it, but not standard on a '07 Taurus? Just a question, that company car with 181k on it, did the tranny give way on it before they retired it?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
My 98 SE has the tec, abs and real console/arm rest in the semi rare blue interior color, but no keyless entry. Go figure. Although I found a hertz rearview mirror tag wedged up under the dash.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I've seen some late production 99 Tauri with the tec, leather and steel wheels with wheel covers. :dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts