Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Taurus SEL 3.0L V6 that will not start. i have noticed a very slight hesitation when starting recently but thought nothing of it. lights, radio, everything electrical works fine. when i try to start it, all the gauges jump, and all it does is "click".the battery is good. just had it tested at Advance Auto. the guy who tested it told me it may be the starter. he said Tauruses are know for the starter being damaged from oil dripping down the starter wire because of the location of the starter.
I don't know a whole lot about cars, so i was wondering if it is possible it could be the starter or what else it may be?

·
Registered
701 Posts
If the starter is suspect, remove it and take it into a NAPA or some other parts store and get it tested.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sure sounds like the starter to me. Also it is true they are in a bad spot where oil will be spilled on them right below the oil fill port. I have 124k on my Bull and i just put my 2nd replacement starter on it since its been new.

Its pretty easy to do yourself if you can get under the car and remove the 2 bolts, it almost lines itself right up because there is a little pin and 2 bolts to line it up in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts