Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the forum for replacing the pump and did that....new pump not working either. Took a multimeter and I'm getting a voltage to the pump when the washer stalk is pushed about 6v, which seems low...checked the fuse and it is ok (i know i had voltage to the pump so the fuse should have been ok).

I should be getting 12 volts to the pump I think, anybody validate this? Maybe a bad splice to the new pump reducing voltage? Anything else I should consider while I have the inner fender liner off?

Thanks,
John

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Read the forum for replacing the pump and did that....new pump not working either. Took a multimeter and I'm getting a voltage to the pump when the washer stalk is pushed about 6v, which seems low...checked the fuse and it is ok (i know i had voltage to the pump so the fuse should have been ok).

I should be getting 12 volts to the pump I think, anybody validate this? Maybe a bad splice to the new pump reducing voltage? Anything else I should consider while I have the inner fender liner off?

Thanks,
John
Is it 6v at the pump connector? See if you can get 12v off one of the leads to ground somewhere when stalk is pushed. I had a bad ground on mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it 6v at the pump connector? See if you can get 12v off one of the leads to ground somewhere when stalk is pushed. I had a bad ground on mine.
Tested the ground and it was good...thanks danhasenauer. Went ahead and un-did the plastic crimp splice that was in the washer kit (ANCO) and made a good soldered connection. That fixed the problem, new pump works fine now.

FEI, noticed that the rubber grommet/screen to the old pump was clogged with something (bluish goop) which could have contributed to the original pump failing.

Thanks again,
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts