Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Taurus SE Vulcan with AX4N: I removed everything above the side cover. Removed the tire and wheel skirt. Loosened the battery box support, and lastly had to remove the master cylinder(probably could have pulled the battery box support but the master cylinder was easier. Note: plug the holes with something rubber as to not lose the master cylinder prime.).. Removed the transmission mount in 2 pieces ( the only way possible). A lot of up and down jacking to get to all the cover bolts out. Jacked from the supported transmission pan slipping the 1st ear of the transmission above the battery box support (not too far you'll bust the line beneath). Pulled the cover out the top with a little manipulation. Replaced all 3 shift solenoids. Depress the tab and turn the solenoids "counter clock wise" for removal. I actually gently pried up the on the tab with a screw driver on 2 of them to bend them out. They wouldn't budge otherwise. The new ones are replaced in reverse other than they just easily click into place turning clockwise. Put it all back together and the transmission is fixed. Even 2nd to third is smoother. The solenoids looked pretty burned. The only odd thing was the A or 1 solenoid mounter up side down to the rest (the only way it would go in). This took several days of hit and miss trying to find info on this site. Some I finally found on youtube. Good luck I hope this helps someone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Thanks for this post!

What exactly was your transmission doing prior to this repair?

I have a 2004 that is slipping while changing gears. I don't think its the pump/converter as the fluid level in the dip stick changes elevations from non-running to running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
2005 Taurus SE Vulcan with AX4N: I removed everything above the side cover. Removed the tire and wheel skirt. Loosened the battery box support, and lastly had to remove the master cylinder(probably could have pulled the battery box support but the master cylinder was easier. Note: plug the holes with something rubber as to not lose the master cylinder prime.).. Removed the transmission mount in 2 pieces ( the only way possible). A lot of up and down jacking to get to all the cover bolts out. Jacked from the supported transmission pan slipping the 1st ear of the transmission above the battery box support (not too far you'll bust the line beneath). Pulled the cover out the top with a little manipulation. Replaced all 3 shift solenoids. Depress the tab and turn the solenoids "counter clock wise" for removal. I actually gently pried up the on the tab with a screw driver on 2 of them to bend them out. They wouldn't budge otherwise. The new ones are replaced in reverse other than they just easily click into place turning clockwise. Put it all back together and the transmission is fixed. Even 2nd to third is smoother. The solenoids looked pretty burned. The only odd thing was the A or 1 solenoid mounter up side down to the rest (the only way it would go in). This took several days of hit and miss trying to find info on this site. Some I finally found on youtube. Good luck I hope this helps someone!
Wat youtube video u wstch cuz i need help
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top