Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright gents, first time poster, although I’ve been pilfering info from the site for awhile.
I haven’t located an answer to this, so my apologies if it exists somewhere already. Possibly I’m just not searching the correct terms.

I think I have cv axles on the way out,will do both at the same time. Car in question is a 2005’ Taurus se with the Vulcan and non abs. I like to stick to motorcraft parts when possible. I already ordered,(maybe I should have triple checked first) a pair of motorcraft tx440 cv axles. Not sure that these will fit driver and passenger side??? Or if there’s another part number for the drivers vs passengers cv axle. Descriptions stink everywhere I look. I believe the trans is the ax4n.

any help appreciated!

thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think maybe I have found my answer. Looking at other years it shows the TX441 as the drivers side. Not sure why it doesn’t show it as fitting the 05’???? Maybe I should have just ordered the cheap cardones.

ugh,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Rockauto, TX440 fits both sides for your application. ~$113/ea.
Yes, that’s what I ordered. Both are marked as ‘right’ side for installation, which would be passenger side only. Other manufacturer’s list two different lengths between left and right. I’m guessing rock autos info isn’t totally correct.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
yea there different lengths. as i recall, there different between the ax4s and ax4n also on one side.
Just a note: do one side at a time. don't take both axles out at the same time.
while your down there...
check your hubs for play, ball joints and tie rod ends as well as stabilizer bar links.
bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts