Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Ford Taurus SEL Premium.. It takes a few seconds to open the pics if you click on them, but I promise it's worth the wait :)
Thanks to duraSEL for the quick shipment of the RCU & tweeters!

**UPDATE** COMPLETED MODS

-HID lighting kit DDM (35w bi-xenon 5000k)
-Green CCFL's (2 in trunk & 2 wired under dash)
-Green 10 LED High intensity dome light
-Ultraviolet 10 LED High Intensity Map lights (2)
-1/8" Integrated audio jack using tape input mod
-10" RF HX2 Sub dropped into spare tire well w/Alpine 700w Class D mono amp
-Mach RCU upgrade (from stock)
-Mach Tweeter installation
-Engine Bay light
-Motorola DC800 Bluetooth module for cell phone/Ipod integration

*NEW*
-Avital 5103 Remote Start/Alarm

**Still to be done...**
-Tint
-Headrest/roof mounted DVD player

Mach Tweeter install :)

Bluetooth integration module

10" RF HX2 Sub

Stealth Sub :)

Mach RCU & Alpine 700 Watt Class D Amp

Custom 1/8" Jack for other audio devices

Custom interior lighting (10 LED green dome light) (2) Foot well mounted CCFL's & 2 Trunk mounted CCFL's (a lot brighter than hey look)

(2) 10 LED UV Map lights -they do not affect night vision & make reading very easy

H.I.D. Upgrade (DDM 35 watt Bi-Xenon) Has to be the best upgrade I did by far.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Love the sub install. Great job. :thumb:

If it were me, and I intended to have the MP3 player or phone installed for the most part above the radio, I would use a splitter and run the wire behind the radio and bring it through the vent, so you don't have the wire in the middle of the ICP.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when I get time (I did all these mods in a day) I plan on mounting a female 1/8" right here so I can plug whet ever I want in there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Perfect.

Wanna get louder, line the spare well with fiberglass and bolt into that. :makeadeal:

Can't stop looking at that 'sleeper' sub install. :drool:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ May 14 2009, 03:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725000
Perfect.

Wanna get louder, line the spare well with fiberglass and bolt into that. :makeadeal:

Can't stop looking at that 'sleeper' sub install. :drool:[/b]
It's Too bad the iPhone/iPodTouch don't do A2DP streaming. You could put a bluetooth receiver in the pocket, and not have the 3.5mm jack at all.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm...actually they are adding that to the ipod touch & iphone next month in the 3.0 software update. The ipod has bt, but it was crippled (until next month). I actually have a motorola BT adapter I could place down there... I would still add the jack though, because I want the versatility to add other devices

·
Registered
175 Posts
Loooovve the sub install! Lots of props!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
:ford: Lookin good!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks... Next week I plan on adding the 1/8" jack, installing some internal LED illumination (not sure on the coloring scheme just yet)... Also going to ad some foot-well lighting & installing 2 CCFL's in the trunk for illumination, and replace the mirror perimiter lighting with LED's.. Might also wire in a light for the hood, using the hood sensor as a trigger for illumination.

After that I plan replacing the instrument lighting with LED's, and tinting the windows, as well as installing fog lights... Still got a bit of work ahead of me :)

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well In my sig you can see a link to pics of my other car (my Five hundred) which I also have a sub install in & pushes about 3000 watts.. I can still use the trunk in that one, too :)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Nice work on the install B)

Do you still have the 00 Gold SEL? I remember the picture of the tree limb going through the moonroof.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ May 15 2009, 05:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725404
Nice work on the install B)

Do you still have the 00 Gold SEL? I remember the picture of the tree limb going through the moonroof.[/b]

Yeppers :) She's creeping up to 120k on the odo :)

In fact here is a pic of the latest close call... ( Drunk Driver) And so you know...The silver car was parked in front of me. The Black car is the drunk

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I ordered these bad-boys tonight (35W 9007 Bi-Xenon)

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/DDM_35W_...Kit-101-60.html

As well as a set of 4 Green CCFL lights for under the dash/In the trunk.

Tomorrow I think I am going to install the 1/8" mod on the dash. Just need to decide if that is where I want to put it (ref previous post)

Just hope the HID's measure up to my expectations...

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (michakaveli @ May 23 2009, 09:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727398
Solo,

Nice work on the sub install!!! What size sub did you drop in there? Look like a 10".

Post feedback on those HID's...[/b]
It's a Rockford Fosgate Punch 10" HX2 500w RMS. I wanted something that could hit really hard, but that would not drown out the mids & highs. I listen to a lot of rock, so I like the depth the sub gives the music... On occasion I'll drop in a rap song that has a little bass so I can show it off... So far no one has asked me if it's a 10" Everyone thinks I have a 12" in there

1 - 20 of 55 Posts