Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Taurus is finally in getting some minor rust removed and a little paint repair. I drove by the body shop this morning and seen they had pulled it outside so I stopped in and took a few pictures of it. I can't afford full paint job like my last Taurus, but I am getting all the rust possible removed. The wheel well lips are being cleaned up including the inside of the lip to slow down the return of the rust. I'm still amazed at how well the rocker panels are holding up, they're original. Mind you I undercoated the car every year since my parents bought it in 2006. Every other year I removed the rocker covers and soaked the rocker panels inside and out, then put the covers back on.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
How I wish I could have done this on my 2006. Looks good!

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it wasn't for me buying my 2013 Camry, I would have went all out on the paint, but I can't afford a car payment and paying that much off. I could use the extra 2 grand in my pocket right now..lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice, some preventative maintenance, apparently mine was undercoated everywhere inside doors everything just before i bought it. Never had that luxury before lol. I like the silver color

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally got my car back yesterday. Looks good I think, I just have to get the windows tinted, which will have to wait a month as the guy who I want is booked that far in advance. I also have to look into the heated mirrors as they don't appear to warm up. I don't think my Taurus has the wire that supplies power to the mirrors. Oh well at least they look better then the faded plastic that used to be there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought so too, but I'm not sure at this point. I'm going to look also because something tells me that there may be a different fuse under the dash. My old '97 had a secondary fuse for the mirrors. I only know that because it blew one time and I had to figure out why the mirrors quit heating while the rear window did.

Thanks for the link I was actually trying to search for it this morning. I forgot where I seen it.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts