Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both a 2000 and 2005 Taurus. When I accelerate in the 2005 Taurus I hear a “raspy” sound like I had a performance muffler. Everything looks stock. I bought the 2005 with 80,000 miles and it always had the sound. The sounds seems to be coming from the fron rather than the back. Any ideas on what may be causing it? Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for posting this and for the possible explanation. My 2000 also has been sounding a little louder that I remember in that area. I describe it as a gravely sound. Now I have something to look for. I'm not a welder, so I guess the only fix is to take it to a body shop?

·
Registered
9,667 Posts
Thanks for posting this and for the possible explanation. My 2000 also has been sounding a little louder that I remember in that area. I describe it as a gravely sound. Now I have something to look for. I'm not a welder, so I guess the only fix is to take it to a body shop?

Loose shield on Cat can be fixed by putting a hose clamp around the whole thing. Daisy chain identical ones to make one big one. Getting loose is common. I think all mine have had a clamp on at least one.

-chart-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts