Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a stereo installed quite a while ago. The dash kit used was for a 2004 which doesn't have the little air bag light. The guy that installed it told me its not a big deal just your air bag light will show up. (I didn't want to wait to order an 05 kit)

This wasn't a big deal living in Arizona but I just moved to Virginia and here they require state safety inspections. My registration expires today and I need to get some VA plates on my car.

I called around to every audio shop around the area and none of them have an 05 dash kit in. They can be ordered ranging from $119 to $159 but then I'd have to wait. (Actually found it cheaper on ebay)
Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the light to go off with out putting an 05 dash kit in for the time being.

Just need to pass inspections

·
Registered
367 Posts
Put black tape over the light? :lol2: On a serious note, i think you might be able to hook up a resistor to one of the wires behind the deck to fool the system? Im sure someone here has some experience with the airbag light.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I read that somewhere on another site when doing a search. I would need more details to understand what to do exactly =)

I remedied the situation for now by registering my car in previous state for another year Ha! I was able to find a place around here that has an 05 dash kit in stock and for a cheaper price then I found on ebay. But I'll just hold off for now I guess.

If anyone knows how to do the resistor thing I'm interested, or any other way.

I checked the junk yards around here and no one has an 05 either, figured I could pull the air bag piece off it to plug the wires in. Arg! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts