Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey there -

I am so glad I stumbled upon this site. Had I known it was around....would have been using it a LONG time ago.

The question I have is regarding the XM Radio FM Direct device. I have the Audiovox Xpress Unit and want to install the FM Direct for better reception. During my research, I found out and was told that while it is worth it, it is a pain to do. Now, I have NO idea where the reciever is in the trunk, and unless I am blind, I can't find it.

From what I know, I have to find the receiver, run a cable to the dash, and run one back...right? This plugs into the antenna port.

I also was told this is a professional install...whereas, it looks like I can do it myself.

Any tips? Advice? Something?

Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've done several of these. They always make me work on tauruses and the job. At best buy we sell antenna wire extensions. you will need 2 of the 12ft. You will also need 2 antenna adapters Model model 40-fd10 and 40-fd20. All the connections will only fit one way. The tuner is in the rear left trunk behind the carpet. You make the antenna connections and run the wires from the trunk to the fm modulator then to the sat radio. Let me know if you need more info. Just pm me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts