Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some basic Info on the Car itself.

Powered by a 5.0 "Cammer" crate engine producing 440 horsepower, the GT-R features a Ford Racing-supplied TTC T-56 six-speed manual transmission, a carbon fiber hood, Brembo brakes, huge 20-inch wheels with Pirelli slicks, and a full aero treatment, including front and side splitters and a composite rear spoiler. Inside, the GT-R receives a Sparco racing seat with a five-point safety harness, a chrome-moly roll cage, and a Formula One-style steering wheel with integrated warning signals, tachometer, gear selection, and telemetry. Styling cues on the GT-R may be a preview for future SVT and/or Shelby Mustangs, like the quarter window scoops, grille treatment, and taillights.
Configuration V-8, aluminum block, aluminum four-valve cylinder heads, forged aluminum pistons
Bore x Stroke 94 mm bore x 90.0 mm stroke
Displacement 5.0 liters (302 cu in/4995 cc)
Compression ratio 11.0:1
Horsepower 440 @ 7000 rpm
Torque 400 lb-ft @ 5500 rpm 
Redline 7,000 rpm
Valvetrain Double overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
Intake valves Two per cylinder, 38 mm
Exhaust valves Two per cylinder, 32 mm
Throttle body Twin 57 mm

Transmission Ford Racing/Tremec T-56 6-speed
Rear axle Winters/Ford 9-inch design
Gear ratios 
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
Final drive 2.97
4.56:1
Differential Winter's race-spec rear differential
Clutch Ford Racing "Cobra R" heavy-duty clutch/flywheel assembly
Driveshaft Metal matrix composite aluminum custom driveshaft
Exhaust Complete stainless steel race exhaust with Tri-Y design headers, crossover and side exit tips

Chassis Fully reinforced fabrication
Suspension Original production geometry with lightweight chrome-moly tube (aircraft quality) construction
Front Reverse-L independent rigid strut tower brace with lightweight chrome-moly K-member and race-spec anti-sway bar with 1.25-inch box section
Rear Three-link, solid axle with dynamic, fully adjustable shocks with remote reservoirs and coil-over springs, race-spec 1.25-inch panhard rod, and race-spec anti-sway bar

Brakes
Front Brembo Racing 6-piston calipers and 14.3-inch rotors, 1.25-inch thickness
Rear Brembo Racing 4-piston calipers and 13-inch rotors, 1.25-inch thickness

Wheels
Front Pirelli P275/35/20 racing slicks
20 x 10-inch, 5-spoke billet aluminum wheels
Rear Pirelli P315/30/20 racing slicks
20 x 11-inch, 5-spoke billet aluminum wheels

I pasted the entire document here because the original page is a hassle to load for 56Kers

PICTURES GTR

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/gt-r/GT-R-30.jpg' alt='' width='776' height='505' class='attach' />[/url]

[url=http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/gt-r/GT-R-43.jpg][img]http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/gt-r/GT-R-43.jpg' alt='' width='451' height='600' class='attach' />[/url]

[url=http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/gt-r/GT-R-48.jpg][img]http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/gt-r/GT-R-48.jpg' alt='' width='776' height='470' class='attach' />[/url]

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I may be the only one...but i LOVE that car :D , don't ask why, i just think its absolutely beautiful

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VERY GOOD LOOKING CAR B) only problem is it is only good for racing as the interior is sooo unrefined.

Here is a huge shot: WALLPAPER :) GTR

I would say that If i were to choose, i would go with GT because you can atleast put people or things in the back seat. A majority of us here are not racers anyway :D

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Well...I'd have to go with the GT also, Sure the GT-R is nice, But not too realistic for daily drivers, unless of course your some rich bachelor and you try to go pick up chicks...then my friend, you have the perfect car!

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by bumpin_taurus@Jul 3 2004, 04:25 PM
Well...I'd have to go with the GT also, Sure the GT-R is nice, But not too realistic for daily drivers, unless of course your some rich bachelor and you try to go pick up chicks...then my friend, you have the perfect car!
:lol2: so true. Definite Chick Magnet.

Question is so there will be 3 trim levels: V-6, GT, and GT-R? So where does the current SVT version match up here? I am guessing GT will replace that?

Also do you have any specs on the GT? This website doesn't have any. I am sure it will atleast have 390 Horses in the engine if GT-R is 430 HP. :)

OH and here is a truly Sexxy car :D
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/sema03/Mustang.jpg' alt='' width='776' height='398' class='attach' />[/url]

1965 Cammer Fast Back :) which is what this car GT is based on.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heck this site even has pics of the mythical 2003 BOSS 351. Again first source i can find with this info. I remember reading about it in Motor Trend....but i couldn't find any sources on line with the same info...alas here it is:

2003 Prototype Mustang 351 V-10

Zero Units were built. But damn it, such a sexy car too :
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/bossv10/MMFF-5.jpg' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]

Specs:
[url=http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/bossv10/6.jpg][img]http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/bossv10/6.jpg' alt='' width='326' height='514' class='attach' />[/url]

Prototype :o
0-60 - in 4.4 sec
1/4 mile - 12.88 sec

Move over Firehawk, you got company!

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
There will still be a V6, GT, and SVT Cobra trim. There will also probably be an "in-between" trim, being the current Mach 1 model. With the new models, there will likely be a "Boss" model as part of the Heritage series of Mustangs that they've been doing lately (Mach 1, Bullit). The GT-R will likely not be available to any consumers, unless you're willing to pay mondo bucks for it, and if so, it's a race car, and will not be street legal. The GT-R is built for one thing: speed. It's meant to compete on the international level with Corvette's and Porche's at LeMans and the 24 Hours of Daytona. Maybe at some point there will be a throttled back version available to consumers, like the Cobra-R was, but other than that, you won't be able to buy that thing...

It's rumored that Carroll Shelby will be taking the project lead for the upcoming SVT Cobras, which won't debut for sale until at least late summer, 2005. From what I've heard, they're going to continue with the supercharged 4.6, but they'll be boosting output to almost 450 Hp...that's 'vette territory. Someone said, "Goodbye Firehawk, you've got company!" I say, "goodbye Firehawk, you just got shafted!" Also, my friend has a SLP prepped Firehawk, and it's very impressive, but I could see a 2003 Cobra beating it handily. I'm not sure what it's good for in the 1/4, and needless to say, it's fast, but I think the Cobra would be faster because of the supercharger (faster spool, better high end power), although the Firehawk would be faster off the line (better torque down low b/c of OHV engine)...

JR

·
Registered
352 Posts
The Mustang source is THE best site for info on Mustangs. Brad has done an excellent job.
here will still be a V6, GT, and SVT Cobra trim
The SVT wont be available in 05. The vert will be a late model year addition. also no special products in 05.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
The chrome side exhaust should be standard on the Mustang. The GT-R pays homage to the Shelby-tuned GT350 that was raced in the 60's I believe...which would be fitting as the original 350 was made to compete with the Corvettes being fielded in races across the country at that time.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by snakeeyes@Jul 4 2004, 12:47 AM
The Mustang source is THE best site for info on Mustangs. Brad has done an excellent job.
here will still be a V6, GT, and SVT Cobra trim
The SVT wont be available in 05. The vert will be a late model year addition. also no special products in 05.
:withstupid:

There will be no SVT production again until 2007 (Lightning included). :)

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by D Man+Jul 3 2004, 10:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D Man @ Jul 3 2004, 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FVT@Jul 3 2004, 04:28 PM

:lol2:  so true.  Definite Chick Magnet.

With only one seat, that would only leave the "chic" one other spot to sit :uptosumpn: [/b][/quote]
:lol2: You are the first one to figure that one out... :lol:

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 3 2004, 11:14 PM
there will likely be a "Boss" model as part of the Heritage series of Mustangs that they've been doing lately
I checked on that.....No Bosses will be built in the immediate future or atleast they do not have any plan of doing so.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 3 2004, 11:14 PM
There will still be a V6, GT, and SVT Cobra trim.  There will also probably be an "in-between" trim, being the current Mach 1 model.  With the new models, there will likely be a "Boss" model as part of the Heritage series of Mustangs that they've been doing lately (Mach 1, Bullit).  The GT-R will likely not be available to any consumers, unless you're willing to pay mondo bucks for it, and if so, it's a race car, and will not be street legal.  The GT-R is built for one thing: speed.  It's meant to compete on the international level with Corvette's and Porche's at LeMans and the 24 Hours of Daytona.  Maybe at some point there will be a throttled back version available to consumers, like the Cobra-R was, but other than that, you won't be able to buy that thing...

It's rumored that Carroll Shelby will be taking the project lead for the upcoming SVT Cobras, which won't debut for sale until at least late summer, 2005.  From what I've heard, they're going to continue with the supercharged 4.6, but they'll be boosting output to almost 450 Hp...that's 'vette territory.  Someone said, "Goodbye Firehawk, you've got company!"  I say, "goodbye Firehawk, you just got shafted!"  Also, my friend has a SLP prepped Firehawk, and it's very impressive, but I could see a 2003 Cobra beating it handily.  I'm not sure what it's good for in the 1/4, and needless to say, it's fast, but I think the Cobra would be faster because of the supercharger (faster spool, better high end power), although the Firehawk would be faster off the line (better torque down low b/c of OHV engine)...

JR
SEVERAL THINGS JR.

Vette is 350 HP unless you are talking about the ZO6 which is 405 HP. The normal Vette is LS1 and has similar engine to that of the GTO. The ZO6 is a nasty car with the LS 6 Engine and a really pricey tag of around 50 K. ZO6 is a very respected car since it produces all that power with no supercharger/turbo etc.

Side Note: Now i have heard of some really mentally challenged rich people who bought the legendary ZL1 engine (200 were made this year for 17K each Engine Crate) and dropped it into the ZO6. Which IMO is retarded since they only gain another 95 HP from the already existing LS6 Engine @ 510 HP. but retards will be retards... :D (Source: Corvette Forums)

Source

The Fire hawk runs 1/4 mile in 12.88 seconds
Current 2003 Cobra runs 1/4 mile in 13.5 seconds

SLP Firehawk is slightly faster. But it does have similar Engine to the current GTO producing 350 HP.

Jason told me another SVT wont be release till 2007.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I was talking about the Z06, and the numbers for the current iterations of the cars are almost identical in terms of 1/4 mile and 0-60.

I couldn't find any sources regarding times on the 2002 SLP Firehawk. They just aren't out there for me to find.

Here is a source with many 1/4 mile times for the 2003 Cobra: http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--Mustang-Drag-Racing.html which has several Cobras with relatively stock setups. Road and Track also has the Cobra doing 13.2 stock (http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=255&page_number=1). The 2004 Corvette Z06 does the 1320 in 13.63 (http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_engines.aspx?modelid=10413&trimid=-1&src=vip), which is lower than the Cobra by .43 seconds. Other sources that I've found have matched up the Z06 to the Cobra with very similar times, but I can't find them right now.

I haven't heard anything about SVT not releasing another car until 2007. Please provide a source for that. Everything that I've heard have SVT releasing a Cobra trim of the new Mustang approximately one year after the release of the standard line. I've also heard rumors that about the same time, you'll see a Boss version to occupy the Mach 1 slot now. Or, they might continue the Mach 1 and come out with a Boss in a couple of years.

Happy 4th!

JR

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boss - No no...not happening

<<I haven't heard anything about SVT not releasing another car until 2007. Please provide a source for that. >>

Well Jason told me so, i guess he is my source. I haven't heard about this from an alternate source either.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I haven't heard anything about SVT not releasing another car until 2007. Please provide a source for that. Everything that I've heard have SVT releasing a Cobra trim of the new Mustang approximately one year after the release of the standard line. I've also heard rumors that about the same time, you'll see a Boss version to occupy the Mach 1 slot now. Or, they might continue the Mach 1 and come out with a Boss in a couple of years.
If you will go to the Mustang Source (where FVT got his info and pics) You will find a plethora of information concerning the next generation stang. Just go to the forums and brouse the 2005 mustang threads. You will get your answers. Promise. Brad (mustang source's site owner) also has done in depth investigation on the 05 which can be found other places on the site. Do I need to post a link? Or are you capable of searching for mustang source on your own??

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by FVT@Jul 4 2004, 01:32 PM
Boss - No no...not happening

<<I haven't heard anything about SVT not releasing another car until 2007. Please provide a source for that. >>

Well Jason told me so, i guess he is my source. I haven't heard about this from an alternate source either.
http://www.svt.ford.com/newsPowerLease.asp

What's more, PowerLease includes a transferable priority option to lease or buy a next-generation 2006 SVT F-150 Lightning or 2007 SVT Mustang Cobra when they enter production (currently scheduled for late 2005 and mid-2006, respectively).
OK, so there will be a model year 2006 Lightning, but no Cobra 'til 07. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts