Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just on Ford 2 days ago pricing a New taurus. Came back today and low and behold its got the 05 Taurus up. Just thought i'd let ya'll know. Also note that duratec is an OPTION on SEL.

http://www.forddirect.com

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Is it just me or does it look a little bit different from the 04's..

Maybe I'm just seeing things :huh:

G

·
It also shows anti-lock brakes as an SEL option? What's the point of a higher trim level vehicle if everything is optional anyway?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Those fussy people that hate ABS like my parents....then they wonder why the vehicals go sideways down the hill when they hit the brakes :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Originally posted by tmonster@Aug 9 2004, 12:11 AM
Those fussy people that hate ABS like my parents....then they wonder why the vehicals go sideways down the hill when they hit the brakes :D
lol hahahahaha

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Well, The asking price didn't get any better in '05, than it was in '02 when I got mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeha they are building just a few of them to meet demand, kinda liek what they did with the 2003 model f150 when they introduced the 2004 body style. The Ford 500 is being introduced to "replace it."

;) Nate Dogg

·
Registered
702 Posts
A loaded 2005 Taurus costs just over $28,000. A loaded 2005 Sable costs just over $27,000 with more options than the loaded Taurus. I thought Mercury was the luxury edition of Ford. Why does it cost $1000 less?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The 'tec is an option on the 05 taurus cuz there is only one plant making the engines and there are now about a dozen vehicles that take them, as opposed to about 3 when the engine was released. lets see:
Taurus/Sable
500/Montego
Freestyle/Mariner/Aviator (the 06 will no longer be an explorer clone)
Jag S/X/LincolnLS/Mazda6
Escape/Tribute
Need I continue? Once the new 3.5 comes out in a few years (new estimate=06 for Aviator, 07 or 08 for everything else) then the supply will free up a little, but Taurus is gone after 05, expect LS to follow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts