Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checkin out dealers in a 100 mile radius from my house to see what kinda used cars they had, but this one dealer I noticed something odd...

How in the heck is a 2005 Ford Taurus already out there? Is it possible?

http://www.lumbertonfordlm.com/pages/prese...FP53255A129777#

I ran a carfax on the thing, and it is listed as a 2005. Is it possible?

·
Registered
443 Posts
The duratec is an option on the SEL also, just the majority of the SELs were so equipped, I have seen at least one sel wagon with vulcan power. And several vulcan powered Sable LSs

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by 2FST4U2C@Jun 14 2004, 06:23 PM
The duratec is an option on the SEL also, just the majority of the SELs were so equipped, I have seen at least one sel wagon with vulcan power. And several vulcan powered Sable LSs
when i bought my 03 SEL i had no engine options... only came with the duratec motor, and on fords web site they are all listed with the tec. however, the wagon might[I/] be a different story, but i am fairly certain that all the sedan SEL's(prior to 04) come with duratecs.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
LINKY LINKY 2005 Taurus

Yes the Tec' is now an option. So is the famous EATC, auto headlamps and ABS. :angry: These are the options that attracted me to the SEL in the first place.
Also, notice the LX is gone. What is the government going to do now with out the LX?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by hoss+Jun 14 2004, 05:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hoss @ Jun 14 2004, 05:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2FST4U2C@Jun 14 2004, 06:23 PM
when i bought my 03 SEL i had no engine options... only came with the duratec motor, and on fords web site they are all listed with the tec. however, the wagon might[I/] be a different story, but i am fairly certain that all the sedan SEL's(prior to 04) come with duratecs. [/b][/quote]
Standard equipment on the SEL listed the Vulcan as base motor from 00-03 (04 lists tec as standard) They are reverting to pre 04 and making the tec an option again on the new 05s, your car had the duratec package which adds the engine and numerous goodies, and the majority of SELs were equipped in such a manner, however there is the slight minority of SEL owners who would probably feel shortchanged now that for about a thousand dollars more could have had the quad cam 24 valve screamer known as the Duratec

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by hoss+Jun 14 2004, 06:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hoss @ Jun 14 2004, 06:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2FST4U2C@Jun 14 2004, 06:23 PM
when i bought my 03 SEL i had no engine options... only came with the duratec motor, and on fords web site they are all listed with the tec. however, the wagon might[I/] be a different story, but i am fairly certain that all the sedan SEL's(prior to 04) come with duratecs. [/b][/quote]
I'm pretty sure my sister's SEL is an '02 with a Flex Fuel Vulcan.

I haven't seen her in a while. The last few times I did see her, I forgot to look. I did ask her on the phone once, but she has no clue.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
The 03' was standard with the Tec' on the SEL. :chili: Ford Taurus specs

If you are really interested you can refer to the other years on the site as well. This has become one of my favorate sites for reasouces on the Taurus changes from year to year. It even lists the sway bar diameters. :banana:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Jun 14 2004, 06:01 PM
The 03' was standard with the Tec' on the SEL. :chili: Ford Taurus specs

If you are really interested you can refer to the other years on the site as well. This has become one of my favorate sites for reasouces on the Taurus changes from year to year. It even lists the sway bar diameters. :banana:
not according to the build your car I did in 03 but I could be mistaken, It said the dura was only apart of a seperate $800 or so option package on the sel I looked at but maybe my memory is faulty

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
I had a 2000 SEL with OUT digi climate control and it did not have the machined aluminum wheels...it had the SE/SES wheels...the carfax came up as SEL though and the trunk said SEL. It DID have the 'tec, leather, ABS, etc, etc.

-kyle

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Jun 14 2004, 05:46 PM
Also, notice the LX is gone. What is the government going to do now with out the LX?
Buy impalas :p

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL or buy used. What not an SE...still basic

G

·
Originally posted by RocketFast321+Jun 15 2004, 08:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RocketFast321 @ Jun 15 2004, 08:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sfblacksel@Jun 14 2004, 05:46 PM
Also, notice the LX is gone.  What is the government going to do now with out the LX?
Buy impalas :p [/b][/quote]
No, no :p I've already seen SE's being used by the government. :D B)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wonder if i can convince the 'rents to pay half the monthly payment of a 04 Taurus? that 0% APR could really help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts