Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 Ford Taurus with just under 70,000 miles on the 3.0 OHV V6 and Have been trying to diagnose two codes i am getting for 6 months now and will take all the help i can get . The two codes are P0174 (System too lean Bank 2) and P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder misfire Detected.
So far i have done the following
1. Replaced all of the spark plugs and tested the wires.
2. Replaced the coil pack
3. Replaced all of the O2 sensors
4. Replaced the fuel filter
5. Filled up tank full and added a water remover to purge any water in the fuel lines

The car does start and drive and im getting about 20 to 25 MPG
it is usually run when the outside temperature is under 40 F
notice a very very rough idle when starting up
When at freeway speeds i do not notice much variance in the RPM,however i can feel a slight misfire or irregularity in the engine when i am accelerating from about 50-60 mph
the RPM at idle when the engine is warmed up is around 500-600

Any help what so ever is much much apprecated

Also this is my first post , let me know if there is any additional info that i can provide .
Thanks

·
Registered
22,491 Posts
Welcome Blaine! You most likely have an undetected vacuum leak(s). Short/long term fuel trim readings would be helpful in diagnosing if you have access to a scan tool.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I agree with @Automender12345 , I would also like to suggest that you post your problem in the forum dedicated to your car. Althou the intro forums do get some traffic, its not nearly as much as the main forums.

Welcome to TCCA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts