Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Increased tow ratings across the board, with best-in-class maximum tow rating of 17,000 pounds.

Class-leading payload for Super Duty pickups – up to 5,800 pounds of cargo in the F-350 dually. On average, payload improves 500 to 1,000 pounds for F-250 and F-350 pickups.

TowCommand™ System – a combination of standard and optional features that makes towing easier, including an industry-first factory-installed trailer brake controller.

Unsurpassed power – including the segment’s most powerful gasoline engine, the 6.8-liter, 3-valve Triton™ V-10 with 355 hp and 455 pound-feet of torque. The best-selling 6.0-liter Power Stroke® diesel increases to 570 pound-feet of torque.

A new front suspension and improved steering for better ride, handling and maneuverability in 4X4 pickups and all F-450 and F-550 chassis cabs.

Best-in-class braking, with larger rotors and larger, stiffer calipers. Even the parking brake is larger and stronger.

Stronger, tougher frame underlying all of this new capability.

Design changes that cap off the new capabilities with a bolder, tougher look up front, the segment’s only 18- and 20-inch wheels and a more refined interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
With gasoline prices approaching $3.00 a gallon, will they sell any of those super-powerful V-10 stump-draggers? Power costs money; how powerful can you afford?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I got to play in a Dodge Ram SRT-10 at the Philadelphia Park State Fair. I'm not a fan of Dodge, but that truck is f'n sweet. The 22's are huge and the interior is just ridiculously nice. Sorry for changing the subject. The F-series trucks are pretty damn nice too!

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by Sablewagon@May 28 2004, 12:05 AM
With gasoline prices approaching $3.00 a gallon, will they sell any of those super-powerful V-10 stump-draggers? Power costs money; how powerful can you afford?
They'll sell tons of them, just like they have for the past 30+ years. The people that buy those trucks don't give a damn about gas mileage. Many of them are used as work trucks, and if you bill a company for gas, do they really care?

God...I want a F-250 so bad...with the 6.8...please...please?

JR

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I like what ford's done to the interior of the new trucks, looks real nice. The entire truck just looks so good.

That infinity is UGLY, I personally don't like any of infinity's new disigns.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@May 27 2004, 10:07 PM
the 6.8-liter, 3-valve Tritonâ„¢ V-10 with 355 hp and 455 pound-feet of torque.

6.0-liter Power Stroke® diesel increases to 570 pound-feet of torque.
:jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
The front end reminds me of the Tonka Truck concept a few years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts