Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bottom of the seat won't adjust down. I inches and clicks like it wants to, then just goes dead. Help ! I just bought this car and my head is hitting the ceiling.

Details, bought from "Elder Ford in Troy, Michigan.

When I test drove a used 2005 Five Hundred, I told Gary A/C cool but not cold, seat won't adjust down. "I'll get that looked at." Before coming in to sign papers I verbalized my concern, "Oh I had that check out," stated Gary. Signed and hopped in car and drove home with Airconditioning cool but not cold, and my head hitting ceiling. Called Gary and never got a return call. Called Tom Fields and he never called, just had gary call. Brought in to service and you kept for two days and guess what? A/C cool but not cold, seat won't adjust down. Talked to Tom again and got nowhere.

I was told these problems were fixed before buying.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Was the car sold "as is" in writing on the sales documentation? If so, you have no recourse. If it has any kind of warranty (30 days is pretty common around here) and they wont return your calls, contact your local BBB, or better yet, the consumer reporter at a local TV station.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure about your state, But I know Oregon has a three day "Buyer's Remorse" law, where you have 72 hours to take it back for no good reason at all if you want to, or a good reason like yours. Sounds like it's been longer than 72 hours in your case, but I know different states have different time frames. As for the seat, Our '99 Taurus wagon did the smae thing, I ended up having to replace the seat track in it (bolts to the actual seat itself, the part that has the rails that attach to the rails built into the floor of your car) it's a very easy fix, and not too time consuming.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
i have dealt with troy ford before. didnt have a problem. your best bet is to go to the dealer and get in his face with the car.( be there with the car and be reasonable ) tell him you want it fixed per your verbal agreement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts