Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a new Taurus girl and I know you have all seen and answered this question, but I'm hoping you will break it down for me one more time. Just bought a used 2005 and it has all the nice cd buttons and options installed for the CD, but no CD--just a cassette. It sounds like nothing will be available from Ford (? if I'm wrong please let me know) so what are my options, please? And what kind of dollars are we talking for decent sound including install? I have a portable cd, but it really is pretty sucky. Thanks! kaylene

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi I'm a new Taurus girl and I know you have all seen and answered this question, but I'm hoping you will break it down for me one more time. Just bought a used 2005 and it has all the nice cd buttons and options installed for the CD, but no CD--just a cassette. It sounds like nothing will be available from Ford (? if I'm wrong please let me know) so what are my options, please? And what kind of dollars are we talking for decent sound including install? I have a portable cd, but it really is pretty sucky. Thanks! kaylene
Welcome, well since you have the cd button it will be simpler for you to add to your car. In the back there is an RCU I would pick up a MACH RCU since the audio has more wattage. For the Cd changer you need the cd holder, and also the harness which is mostly plug and play. This may also be picked up a junk yard.

P.s. I still don't know why people use cd's...I have past that stage :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey welcome. i just got my 2005 taurus about a month ago and the first thing i did was the sound system. I had the same radio like you. My build was on a budget but it sounds great.
heres the link with pics. plus the radio has a usb port so no more cds. i think its time for you to upgrade lol! Id say the whole system plus install of the wiring kit and components was $650.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117...l/160227-changed-entire-audio-sytem-pics.html

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
[P.s. I still don't know why people use cd's...I have past that stage :p[/QUOTE]

I can answer that question..because we still ENJOY them!!

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
PM sent.:)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
If you have the three knob climate control system and access to a junkyard that has newer cars, you can get the in-dash CD player from any '04-'07 Taurus or Sable and it will work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome, well since you have the cd button it will be simpler for you to add to your car. In the back there is an RCU I would pick up a MACH RCU since the audio has more wattage. For the Cd changer you need the cd holder, and also the harness which is mostly plug and play. This may also be picked up a junk yard.

P.s. I still don't know why people use cd's...I have past that stage :p
Yeah yeah...I'm an old girl you know; I still have some of my old 8 tracks if ya know what those are lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts