Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got my car back from the Ford dealership, my brakes don't feel as strong as they used to. They told me that they have plenty of life left in them. It's a 2005 Taurus SE with 51 thousand miles on it and the brakes have never been replaced. I'm just wondering if this is something that sounds reasonable or I should take it in to get a second opinion from someone else.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Hey, I just got my car back from the Ford dealership, my brakes don't feel as strong as they used to. They told me that they have plenty of life left in them. It's a 2005 Taurus SE with 51 thousand miles on it and the brakes have never been replaced. I'm just wondering if this is something that sounds reasonable or I should take it in to get a second opinion from someone else.
Thanks [/b]
on my 04 i replaced the pads around 55k, still had some milage left in them. but i wanted to upgrade anyway, and my rotors were warped. i currently run wagner thermoquiets and i LOVE them. ive run many different pads between my vehicles.. before the thermoqueits on this car i had some wearever gold series.. dusty as hell. on my old car i had ebc greenstuff, also dusty as hell and only lasted 13k. the thermoqueit have no dust. and they stop really well. just had to bed them in when i first got em and im all good.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I concur...the Thermoquiets have great lifespan, are very quiet, and offer very good stopping power. I wouldn't say they're as good as the PFCs I have on there right now, but the Thermoquiets didn't dust. At all.

I ran the Thermoquiets for about 45K. I put pads and rotors on my old Sable at 55K, with the smaller front rotors. I then did an upgrade at like 100K with bigger rotors and PFCs. The pads still had a good amount of life on them when I removed them.

JR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts