Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, when I start my Taurus, I feel a little difficult to start it. I tried one more time and it started. To make sure there is no problem of my car. I switch off and try to start it again. But I failed. I have tried several times. First, there is some big noise and the engine RPM reach very high cycles. After several try. The engine RPM stay at 0 and only a short crank can be heard. I have try to jump the car, same as no boost. Small crank and zero RPM. I have measured the battery, it shown 12.7 V. So the battery should be good.

Any suspect in my car? Starter? Fuel pump? Relays?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, it is 2004 old Vulcan Taurus with 120000 mile running.

QUOTE (Libra @ May 31 2010, 05:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808181
Today, when I start my Taurus, I feel a little difficult to start it. I tried one more time and it started. To make sure there is no problem of my car. I switch off and try to start it again. But I failed. I have tried several times. First, there is some big noise and the engine RPM reach very high cycles. After several try. The engine RPM stay at 0 and only a short crank can be heard. I have try to jump the car, same as no boost. Small crank and zero RPM. I have measured the battery, it shown 12.7 V. So the battery should be good.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions![/b]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check the battery first. It is probably the culprit, especially in hot summer in the south.

Having a voltage of 12.7 V doesn't mean the battery is functioning.
2 years ago, my '04 Sable was in the same situation, and after measuring the battery voltage at 12.4V,
I started to test the starter, starter solenoid, which are quite difficult to reach under the car.
I also tested all the fuses, relays. It turned out everything under inspection was good.

One day, one of my friends came to visit me and tried to help me out. He jump-started
my car. At that point, I realized the battery was actually the bad boy. I drove my car
to Autozone, and they tested the battery and told me it was time to replace it.

QUOTE (Libra @ May 31 2010, 06:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808181

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot.
The battery should be OK. I have replaced it last year. And the car can not be jumped.
ANyway, I'll remove my battery and make a double check at Autozone.

QUOTE (Libra @ May 31 2010, 06:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808182
BTW, it is 2004 old Vulcan Taurus with 120000 mile running.

QUOTE (Libra @ May 31 2010, 05:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808181

[/b][/quote]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts