Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I had all the catalytic converters replaced about 20,000 miles ago. Now I am getting a P0430 code, Efficiency Below Threshold on Bank 2. Why would I get a P0430 code so soon after spending $$$$ on new cats? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
8,345 Posts
Were the new cats some no name junk, or quality cats from a reputable manufacturer? 98% of the cost of cats in in the BIG $$$ Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium metals on the honeycomb. Cheapo cats skimp on the metals resulting in premature failure. This assumes the cause of the original failure was fixed as sheila said.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were the new cats some no name junk, or quality cats from a reputable manufacturer? 98% of the cost of cats in in the BIG $$$ Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium metals on the honeycomb. Cheapo cats skimp on the metals resulting in premature failure. This assumes the cause of the original failure was fixed as sheila said.
We replaced the whole exhaust system in addition to the cats with Walkers. Not sure if that is considered junk. The OEM were no longer available from Ford.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts