Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, the 2004 model is nice. The new steering wheel and guage cluster are hot! Not to mention the digital odometer.

I also really like the new front redesign for the 2004:

The 2000-2003 looks like:

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
And it took them 7 years to start putting black on white gauges like the rest of the car world...Gotta love Ford <_<

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
They have been doing white face gauges in some of their cars for quite some time now. The Sport Trac has them, and you could get the SVT Contour with them as early as I think 1996. The Mustang also has them on the SVT version available, and the Saleen Mustang has white face gauges.

Anyway-whats the point? They light up the same color as the black ones, and don't help any. They just look cool. "Euro" my butt.

EDIT: The Taurus also had them starting in 2002 on some modles, and the Focus has them available also!

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Originally posted by 93taurusSX@Dec 20 2003, 02:15 AM
And it took them 7 years to start putting black on white gauges like the rest of the car world...Gotta love Ford <_<
Yeah, damn their unconformity!!! (???)

(I happen to like my green gauges)

Looks nice, I still like venom's redesign though (where the front valence things were cut out--it looks alot better without that crap in the front bumper)

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
biteableniles- The white face gaugues still glow green..

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Dec 20 2003, 02:19 AM
They have been doing white face gauges in some of their cars for quite some time now. The Sport Trac has them, and you could get the SVT Contour with them as early as I think 1996. The Mustang also has them on the SVT version available, and the Saleen Mustang has white face gauges.

Anyway-whats the point? They light up the same color as the black ones, and don't help any. They just look cool. "Euro" my butt.

EDIT: The Taurus also had them starting in 2002 on some modles, and the Focus has them available also!

-Kyle
Actually they started on the Taurus in 03 on some SEL's.

As for the redesign, I prefer the 00-03 look better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Speaking of those redesigned front valences, I was looking at the '04 the other day and wondered why even the SEL doesn't have fog lamps. The Sable GS has had fog lamps for several years - why not the Taurus?

The '04 Sable GS, BTW, is an incredible value - there's a factory "no charge" line on the sticker for the leather interior, moonroof and ABS!. That's close to $2,000 in no-cost options in addition to a $3,000 factory rebate. Coupled with a reasonable dealer discount you can now buy a brand new, fully loaded GS Premium (with fog lamps!) for less than nineteen grand. That could be the best buy in America!

Unfortunately, the no-cost options appear to be a Sable-only promotion - I took the info to my Ford dealer and told me if it were him he'd buy the Sable - he couldn't match the price.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like it, but the first thing I thought of when I seen the front end was. The grill opening reminded me of the Ford Contour. The lower front facia looks good I think. Its kind of dark down there in the picture, so its a little hard to see. It also looks like the side mirrors might be a little different.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
What if you want to put a different radio in there?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Originally posted by RocketFast321@Dec 20 2003, 01:57 PM
What if you want to put a different radio in there?
Those with manual A/C controls can buy faceplate adapters. Those of us with Digital Climate controls have been screwed since 96' (although the smarter of us have custom wired new headunits in to different locations--I haven't)

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by n2_space+Dec 20 2003, 08:15 AM-->QUOTE (n2_space @ Dec 20 2003, 08:15 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-kjw86ca
@Dec 20 2003, 02:19 AM

-Kyle

As for the redesign, I prefer the 00-03 look better. [/b]
Nooo! You of all people should know as the SES Sport was supposedly knew in 2003 but you have a 2002. It started in 2002 but was "officially" announced for 2003; like the SES Sport.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
...The side mirrors are the exact same, just look different because of the color. The hood is the same, along with the trunk. The only difference that I have found in the 2004' is the front and rear bumber, and the gauges, the steering wheel(ugliest I have ever seen IMO), and a few switches were moved. And yes they added a little bit of power to the tec'.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca+Dec 20 2003, 10:31 PM-->QUOTE (kjw86ca @ Dec 20 2003, 10:31 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 08:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-kjw86ca
@Dec 20 2003, 02:19 AM

-Kyle

As for the redesign, I prefer the 00-03 look better.
Nooo! You of all people should know as the SES Sport was supposedly knew in 2003 but you have a 2002. It started in 2002 but was "officially" announced for 2003; like the SES Sport.

-Kyle [/b]
Sorry, I haven't seen any 02 SEL's with white face gauges. The only Mid MY change in 02 was the Sport. In 03, you had the wood and white face gauge option. The SEL's also got those awful nasty rims, and the side trim has a silver inlay. The SEL changes were truly an 03 change.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't like the wheel at all, looks like they are following the hideously ugly car trend that seems all to prevelent these days, but at least that is resticted to the wheel, the rest of teh car looks pretty sweet. those pics don't do it justice though, looks so much better without a front plate on it. I like the new cluster too, I wonder if it would plug into a gen III? haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by n2_space@Dec 21 2003, 08:23 PM
Sorry, I haven't seen any 02 SEL's with white face gauges. The only Mid MY change in 02 was the Sport. In 03, you had the wood and white face gauge option. The SEL's also got those awful nasty rims, and the side trim has a silver inlay. The SEL changes were truly an 03 change.
My '02 SEL doesn't have white face gauges, wood trim, or the new rims either. I thought all of those changes came in '03 too.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I liked it. I will definately get an 04 in a couple of years for my work car.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I like the new cluster and front end, but the steering wheel is pretty ugly (upside-down taco shell!) and I like the earlier gen 4's monochromatic taillights.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts