Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 115 Posts

· Registered
4,066 Posts
Try cleaning out the IAC with some throttle body cleaner, it may have some carbon preventing it from returning to its default stop. Same with the throttle blade, take the intake off and clean both.

· Registered
4,066 Posts
Well I looked through all your data, and bank 2 LTFT is a little bit high, but anything under 10% shouldn't cause any issues like this. I'm curious, when the car is running can you visually inspect your accessory drive? I'm wondering if you've got a dragging accessory or pulley that the car is trying to compensate for. That idle value is about right for when the A/C compressor is engaged, although looking at the data the car isn't asking it to be. I'm not sure what the engine load should be (I don't have the ability to compare on my car), but 15% seems high for just idling.

· Registered
4,066 Posts
The power steering pump does have a whine and could that be a problem?
Yeah, but many of them whine so it's not necessarily indicative. I'd take the belt off and run it for a few seconds, see if the idle is what it should be. You won't damage anything by running it with no belt as long as you start it dead cold and don't let it run more than a few minutes.

1 - 7 of 115 Posts