Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Not Start

2004 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 OHV - Indicates "Low Oil Pressure" on dash. Has new battery, fuel pump, fuel filter, and strainer. Checked oil pressure with a gauge at Oil Pressure Switch on block. Oil pressure looks fine: hit 30lbs within 4 tries of spinning the motor. Replaced Oil Pressure Switch. Changed the oil and oil filter.

The car will not start. As soon as I let off the key, the motor stops spinning. If I push the accelerator, I can keep the car running but if I put the car in gear or let off the accelerator, the engine dies.

What else can I check? Why will the car not start?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. This car is a daily commuter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
*Update*
Changed IAC - Still, the motor will spin but won't run. Now there is white smoke coming from exhaust.

Please help. I need to use this car to go to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car I am working on has much the same symptoms.....and "my" car has been overheated....what does THAT tell you? What should I be looking for?

·
Registered
572 Posts
White smoke from the exhaust is usually a sign that coolant is entering into the combustion chambers due to a failed head gasket. Head gaskets typically fail if the engine has been driven extensively while overheated.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
White smoke from the exhaust is usually a sign that coolant is entering into the combustion chambers due to a failed head gasket. Head gaskets typically fail if the engine has been driven extensively while overheated.
That is on a running motor. White smoke on a no start or hardly start is a different story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts