Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Originally posted by 3-fords1000@Mar 17 2004, 12:24 PM
I hate you! :punchbob:

I just paid $18500 for mine. Oh wait. The sticker with options was $25k.

Yaaaaa!!!!!
I got a good deal too!

That MSRP doesn't include the free sun roof, so that would put just over 24000

Options? I got everything but the mach stereo. spoiller and the pull down seat!!

Also I almost got it for 15,900, if I wanted to pay 7.9, instead of 4.25. DAMN Ford Credit!!!

I went with my own bank, and the dealer was PISSED!!!!!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Well, in that case I do hate you!

Great deal. I'll take you with me next time.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
3-Fords...your truck is awesome! I know I say this all the time, but it really is.

Oh yeah, that Taurus is cool too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hope you saved up some gas money- England has some of the most expensive gas in Europe

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Actaully, I'm Military I just get it off the base.

So Usually it's around 42 cents a liter (about 1.60) Can't complain there

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks like it is "Fair price" for Duratec.. I paid 14,000 for my brand new Sable 03 GS, base Vulcan. 2,500 more for Duratec and some options... is it worth it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
As a real Ford salesperson, I must say you did get a pretty good deal. You got a combined 3750 or so in rebates (dont know the packages for every region, just mine, but that sounds right). So you got the car for invoice or a shade over. My car stickered at 26500 (SES Deluxe with all but the mirror package) and my cost as a sales person was 20807. I took the 0% tho, but Ford gave me military, 1k D plan bonus cash, and matched my down payment. I had 2750 down, only 500 of it was mine. NEeded the special rebates tho, I was almost 4K upside down on my trade, but I was sick of putting new swaybar endlinks and brakes on the thing every six months.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Originally posted by BF2001SES@Mar 19 2004, 12:33 AM
As a real Ford salesperson, I must say you did get a pretty good deal. You got a combined 3750 or so in rebates (dont know the packages for every region, just mine, but that sounds right). So you got the car for invoice or a shade over. My car stickered at 26500 (SES Deluxe with all but the mirror package) and my cost as a sales person was 20807. I took the 0% tho, but Ford gave me military, 1k D plan bonus cash, and matched my down payment. I had 2750 down, only 500 of it was mine. NEeded the special rebates tho, I was almost 4K upside down on my trade, but I was sick of putting new swaybar endlinks and brakes on the thing every six months.
I opted to go with the rebate verses the 0%. I was saving more money in the long run. I didn't have the funds for the down payment, even if I did they didn't offer a match for it. Although I was kind of perplexed when the sales rep got upset about me going with my own bank instead of Ford Finance. Ford offered 7.9%, i got 4.25. Even with the cash incentive from Ford, I was still making out with my own bank.

Gotta ask you Warsong? You don't get a commison for people financing through Ford do you?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
BTW my D-plan price was abut $750 below invoice. Military discount was only 500 bones though. Unpatriotic bastards.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got military cuz at the time I was living with my parents. My dad spent 32 years active duty with the navy, and in the words of the rebate, as long as you share a household with an active duty or retired military person, you are eligable for the rebate. If you think that that was wrong, I will say that I am in the process of applying for Air Force OTS.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by WarSong+Mar 20 2004, 03:52 PM-->QUOTE (WarSong @ Mar 20 2004, 03:52 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Noir04
@Mar 20 2004, 08:38 AM

Gotta ask you Warsong?  You don't get a commison for people financing through Ford do you?
Huh? [/b]
I think he mistook you for BF2001SES-our resident ford sales person

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Originally posted by 2FST4U2C+Mar 20 2004, 04:19 PM-->QUOTE (2FST4U2C @ Mar 20 2004, 04:19 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 03:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Noir04
@Mar 20 2004, 08:38 AM

Gotta ask you Warsong?  You don't get a commison for people financing through Ford do you?

Huh?
I think he mistook you for BF2001SES-our resident ford sales person [/b]

yes, that was directed towards the sales guy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Originally posted by Postmortem@Mar 19 2004, 12:18 AM
Looks like it is "Fair price" for Duratec.. I paid 14,000 for my brand new Sable 03 GS, base Vulcan. 2,500 more for Duratec and some options... is it worth it?
I test drove both. Totally worth it. The duratec just seemed to run more effortless to get to higher speeds. With a diffrence of 45 ponies under the hood, it's either you getting passed by everyone on the road with a Vulcan, or you are owning the fast lane. Being over here in England with the mass population of four-bangers. The duratec is going to do quite nicely. Well worth the money. Hopefully it get's here soon!! Still in Jersey waiting for shipment.

:zoomsmiley:

·
Banned
60 Posts
Originally posted by BF2001SES@Mar 20 2004, 09:09 AM
I got military cuz at the time I was living with my parents. My dad spent 32 years active duty with the navy, and in the words of the rebate, as long as you share a household with an active duty or retired military person, you are eligable for the rebate. If you think that that was wrong, I will say that I am in the process of applying for Air Force OTS.
I do, in fact, think it's wrong. Sadly I have no say in the matter, though I honestly feel like contacting Ford or even that particular dealership.

Saying you're going to apply to a particular institution of the military and having atcually earned the title "veteran" are two different things.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by Noir04+Mar 21 2004, 03:25 AM-->QUOTE (Noir04 @ Mar 21 2004, 03:25 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Postmortem
@Mar 19 2004, 12:18 AM
Looks like it is "Fair price" for Duratec.. I paid 14,000 for my brand new Sable 03  GS, base Vulcan. 2,500 more for Duratec and some options... is it worth it?
I test drove both. Totally worth it. The duratec just seemed to run more effortless to get to higher speeds. With a diffrence of 45 ponies under the hood, it's either you getting passed by everyone on the road with a Vulcan, or you are owning the fast lane.
:zoomsmiley: [/b]
It was my fathers birthday yesterday, and when we were cruising down the the highway he decided to let the Vulcan stretch its legs from about 70mph to around 105 and it seemed to pull nicely, there was a mid to late 90s buick sedan that went infront of us before he decided to punch it, once he did punch it the buick couldn't open the gap, that was real fun. Just goes to show you that you don't need the extra 55 or so ponies to have some fun, they just make it easier

·
Registered
167 Posts
As far as I understand how things work, Vulcan bellow 5000rpm has almost as much power as Duratec. And with Duratec you can get to higher rpms faster.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Originally posted by WarSong@Mar 21 2004, 03:03 PM
I do, in fact, think it's wrong. Sadly I have no say in the matter, though I honestly feel like contacting Ford or even that particular dealership.

Saying you're going to apply to a particular institution of the military and having atcually earned the title "veteran" are two different things.
I'd have to agree with Warsong on this one as well

For one, I AM ACTIVE DUTY UNITED STATES AIR FORCE!!!

I also have served two of the last three years in Korea. During that time, the US military there has been bombarded and humilated by protests. In fact, 3 years ago, someone I knew was stabbed while walking through Seoul.

I am very thankful for the very few benefits I get. When someone is just a poser, living in Mommy and Daddy's roof claims "I'm applying for OTS!!!", and thins out my benefit. It does get under my skin too...

:flag:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I find it odd that in Ford's eyes my 11 years serving (and still serving active duty) in the United States Navy means as much as someone who might be related to a service member.

It is Ford's policy though, he's right about that.

I'll be transferring in May to forward deploy on the USS George Washington (CVN-73) to continue to earn the rest of my military bonus for my next Ford. <_<

21 - 38 of 38 Posts