Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm a new member here. I have an 04 SEL w/ 80k miles, a 2003 Mercury Marauder w/ 39k miles, and some older American iron that I play with. I am just a hobbyist when it comes to cars but I do all my own work. I've got my own tire machines at my house and I do my own alignments nascar-style w/ strings, float plates, and a digital level for camber/caster.

Anyhow, I read the 1987 article someone had posted on here, about the particulars of a 4 wheel alignment on the Taurus. I understand the rear adjustment for the Sedan aligns toe and camber using eccentric, adjustable inner multi link bushings, the front being the camber adjustment and the rear being the toe adjustment.

I just bought this car and it was a one-owner, extremely well-maintained car. It has eccentric, adjustable bushings for camber in the rear, but not for toe.

I would have thought that if anything, the factory would have provided a rear toe adjustment and not rear camber adjustment (like the front end).

Can anyone who has an 04 tell me if their car came from the factory with

a) no camber or toe adjusters in the rear bushings
B) just toe adjusters in the rear bushings but no rear camber adjusters
c) just camber adjusters in the rear bushings but not toe

I'm just curious if someone added the camber adjuster bushings or not, and also whether it is odd for my car to not have any toe adjustment. I am adding the toe adjustment kit but I always like to know why things are the way they are

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
They just have camber adjusting bushings in the rear.

If you need more adjustment there are 2 options:

Ingalls control arms: SHO Source
Much stronger and more adjustment.

Additional eccentric bushings (which you have on 1 end): SHO Source

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to know. I will just add the other set of eccentrics, this is not a car I am going to set up for performance, I just want to be able to do a proper 4 wheel alignment for max tire life.

Steve

QUOTE (LOUDSHO92 @ Jul 22 2009, 01:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741266
They just have camber adjusting bushings in the rear.

If you need more adjustment there are 2 options:

Ingalls control arms: SHO Source
Much stronger and more adjustment.

Additional eccentric bushings (which you have on 1 end): SHO Source[/b]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts