Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to ask is there a main fuse or relay that supplys power to the air door actuator?
I just purchase a new one and before install it I plug it in and wanted to set the nylon rod to the cold setting .
I seem to have no power at the plug that clips into the square box.
I wonder is there a relay under the hood dept or fuse I am missing?

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
I like to ask is there a main fuse or relay that supplys power to the air door actuator?
I just purchase a new one and before install it I plug it in and wanted to set the nylon rod to the cold setting .
I seem to have no power at the plug that clips into the square box.
I wonder is there a relay under the hood dept or fuse I am missing?
If it is manual temp, then the orange wire should have bat. volts through fuse #6 = 15A. Hot in run.

Your fuse number may be different.

-chart-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep: the white plug plug into the actuator,then turn the key I see no movement from the white plastic shaft when I increase or decrease the temp: setting
I am going to check the fuse

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found out the major problem it is the aftermarket part made by a company ccalled Doorman and yes made in China.
I went threw 2 of them both did not work,funny I plug in the old one and you can see the plastic rod turn.
I just went back to Auto Advance the said she will order 2 more for Tuesday I hope one of them will work.I hate to go back to the dealer

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
I just found out the major problem it is the aftermarket part made by a company ccalled Doorman and yes made in China.
I went threw 2 of them both did not work,funny I plug in the old one and you can see the plastic rod turn.
I just went back to Auto Advance the said she will order 2 more for Tuesday I hope one of them will work.I hate to go back to the dealer
So, the old one works, so what is the issue.

Shaft should go 90 degrees from one extreme to the other.

With the temp set in the middle, it should also follow to the center.

-chart-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the problem with the old unit is the plastic gears are broke no heat a/c works great but the wife wants heat for the winter

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
the problem with the old unit is the plastic gears are broke no heat a/c works great but the wife wants heat for the winter
I got mine from the do it yourself JY for about $6. From a car with 44K on it. Someone had already taken the radio assy so it was not a big job.

-chart-

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
Even if you get a functioning Dorman unit, how long will it last? I would either get a low mileage unit from the JY as Chart did, or bend over and spend the $$ and get the Ford one. Getting one online from a Ford OEM parts supplier will be cheaper, maybe much cheaper, than going to your local Ford dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
problem fixed:
I called Doorman to day and ask why the aftermarket part they sell that they say is correct part doesn't work?
A long story short the part is not the correct part ;The gentleman from customer service called Ford and did run my vin: to see what is going on.I was told they do not make the blend door motor for the 2004 sable.
I was told like someone stated above dealer part only.
I called a local dealer it was in stock price $78.00 bucks
I ran over to get it installed the *********** plug and it WORKED
I did get it installed took all of 5 Min and everything works like new again
thank
guys

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have no clue all I can say the door that opens and closes works off a slotted rod in-return the plastic stem turns the rod to heat (up) or down position to A/C
part number # F7DZ-19E616-BA

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
I just check out the manual
EATC SYSTEM
OK here is the problem. ATC = automatic temp control.

It uses a very different electronics. ATC has a remote electronics box and nothing in the motor box as far as electronics. The manual had electronic logic inside the motor enclosure. They just happen to be in the same enclosure.

Blend door motors available from Dorman are not listed for ATC, only manual temp control.

ATC has a digital display for desired temp and it controlls the temp.

Manual control has a knob that is hot or clold.

-chart-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well really can't complain the car is a 2004 bought new and it never gave me a problem in the last 8 years.The wife retired and the car only has 35,000 mi on it.
I will say the 24 value 6 cylinder is excellent on gas around 32 Mi per gallon on the road and full leather all options and it is in excellent condition

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
^ Yes, that explains a lot. The oem ford eatc blend door actuator will be black with an atc (auto temp. control) sticker on it. The oem ford manual (knob) actuator will be white with a manual sticker on it. The manual dorman aftermarket bda will be black.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well I have an extra one made for the other type of heating system made by Doorman I ordered some time back last year in Feb: when the car first started given me problems but never had a chance to install it.
I did open it up so some of the clips broke so I don't thing they will refund my money
any one need one?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts