Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forums, but I can’t find an answer. Please don’t beat me up too bad. I have acquired a 2004 Sable with 46k miles and the outside air temperature on the cluster always reads 50 degrees. I understand that the sensor that is for the outside air reading is somewhere behind the grill or bumper. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I don’t see it, and I really don’t want to remove the bumper skin to search further unless I need to. I tried to find pics of it on a Sable. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's on the underside of the front metal support member that runs side to side across the front of the car above the radiator. With hood open and facing the car, look to your left between the hood latch and right side hood bumper and locate the ends of two white plastic push pins that protrude from underneath. Those retain the wiring plug and can be pushed downward thru the holes to gain easy access for removal of the Ambient Air Sensor. I just removed one of these from a '05 Sable w/ Duratech at the JY. Ford pt# on it is F3VF-12A647-AA.

BTW...great find on a your Sable. Mine has 273K miles and, although still runs like a top, is rusting away along the rockers. Wish I could be so lucky as to find a lower mileage replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the very detailed description. It was my Dad’s car. He just doesn’t use it anymore. There were a set of 10 year old Michelin’s on it with only 7k miles. They were dry rotted though. I had them replaced. Otherwise the car is CLEAN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts