Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Ford Taurus dashboard warning lights come on at start up and stay on at times. Fuel cap, door or ABS etc. are the lights not the check engine light which goes off. When the lights stay on the odometer does not come on to display any info. stopping and restarting car usually clears issue. Can a weak battery cause this? has a 3 year old battery but car starts right so I really don't think the battery is bad but im not sure.
any help would be appreciated. This is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a similar problem with a weak battery in my 04. It also caused problems with the keyless entry system (trunk popped when locking doors) and the PATS system.

My gauge cluster would go into a test mode which caused all of the lights to light up plus the gauge needles would flutter before reading normal.

My Dealer told me that the 04's and up were very sensitive to battery voltage.

New battery solved all of the problems.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I had a similar problem with a weak battery in my 04. It also caused problems with the keyless entry system (trunk popped when locking doors) and the PATS system.

My gauge cluster would go into a test mode which caused all of the lights to light up plus the gauge needles would flutter before reading normal.

My Dealer told me that the 04's and up were very sensitive to battery voltage.

New battery solved all of the problems.
:werd: 04+ very sensitive to voltage. Many many posts about irregular car behavior on here when the voltage isn't within the car's set parameters.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the battery this morning and everything is fixed. I guess it was working just not the way it should. Thanks for the reply's. Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts