Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Wagon. Yes, I've read all the threads about this problem and tried to lube my drivers door latch with everything but peanut butter. It has helped to a certain extent but it always comes back pretty quick. Now, I'm not getting the chime when I leave my headlights on and the dome light does not come on when I open the drivers door. My guess is that it is now stuck in the closed position. Just degreased the latch and I'm waiting for it to dry out. Gonna try the lube trick one more time. How many of you have had to replace the switch????? Can it be done without removing the whole latch??

·
Registered
147 Posts
2004 Wagon. Yes, I've read all the threads about this problem and tried to lube my drivers door latch with everything but peanut butter.
Peanut butter doesn't work well anyways.:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. WD40 (I know it's not a lube)
2. silicone
3. White Lithium
4. Liquid wrench
5. Peanut Butter:D

Degreased it yesterday and tried a fresh application of Liquid wrench. Sometimes it gets stuck open and sometimes closed. At this point I'm convinced I need to replace the whole latch or at least the switch. I did see that Advance Auto sells the whole latch for around $40.00. I'm still trying to find out if the switch can be purchased by itself. I thought I read about someone changing out the switch without removing the whole latch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
03 SEL Wagon

I went through something similiar last summer, lubing the door latch (front passenger) only got me so far and then it would come back (door ajar).

Then during a cold snap in December, light stayed on permanently. I had the sensor replaced and the problem went away completely. I guess I had a faulty sensor problem the whole time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now my interior lights won't come on when I open the drivers door. Looks like I'm gonna have to replace the part.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now the button is slugish and I have to keep hitting the lock button to get it down. Opening the door will not turn on the dome lights and there is no warning chime when I leave the headlights on. Are all these problems related to the sticking switch?

·
Registered
81 Posts
On my drivers door, the door will not lock at all. The car thinks its locked, cause the alarm goes off if you don't hit unlock on the fob. You can't physically move the post sticking up on that door at all, it won't push down at all. Occasionally the door ajar light kicks on and stays on for the whole drive, meaning the dome is on too. any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts