Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. New to the forum. I have been working on our family car for a while which is an 03 Taurus. This past winter we noticed that water was leaking in mainly starting at the driver floor. I pulled the cowl and found a whole bunch of leaves behind there. I removed them and verified the middle and side drains were working. The water leaks in when it rains. I took the A pillars off and ran a hose over the top of the windshield on the driver's side. I noticed the water on the lower drive corner of the body form inside the car. You wouldn't see it if the a pillar was on. I also noticed in the upper corner on the driver side the windshield seal seems to be fault as I can sort of see light coming through.

I am thinking it is the windshield that needs to be resealed if possible or replaced but I am not 100% certain as I can really point out the exact leak point.

In the picture I have provided you can see where the light is seen in the upper driver corner and the picture with the arrow is where I can see the water flowing then it drips down all over the dash components and onto the floor. (Has rusted a bunch of stuff under there also)

Thank you in advance. I am hoping I can fix this water issue with the forums help. Although I do think its the windshield I don't want to reseal or replace without full confidence.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,802 Posts
Been running the AC lately?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just went through this a week ago with my 2001 Sable. There was a telltale trail of water going down the carpet in the footwell. It was a quick find. It was leaking through the air cabin filter. Once you take the top plastic cowling piece off that's in front of the windshield, you'll see a plastic gutter that collects water and dumps it to the side. It must've shrunk over the years, allowing it to dump right into the cabin filter. I made an extension out of a plastic beverage container to solve the problem.

·
Super Moderator
7,802 Posts
^^^ I assumed the text stating passenger side was correct...... thats why I asked if the AC was running recently, thinking plugged evaporator drain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts