Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You know this isn't the newspaper and you can use more than 13 words to describe the problem you're having.

What do you mean it won't rev up? How does it stop accelerating? What RPMs is it showing in both scenarios? Does it start? Do any of the other gears work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Apr 17 2010, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=798169
You know this isn't the newspaper and you can use more than 13 words to describe the problem you're having.

What do you mean it won't rev up? How does it stop accelerating? What RPMs is it showing in both scenarios? Does it start? Do any of the other gears work?[/b]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going down highway about 65mph when the car started to decelarate had to get off highway quick .I stoped at a store checked fluid levels everything was fine .Started car back up and drove home on small streets because car would not go faster than 10mph. The car idles great in neutral and in drive but when I try to drive it ,it acts like it has a governor on it ,it will not rev up or go faster than 10 mph.The gears work as far as reverse and maybe first in drive. :wub: :wub:

·
Registered
99 Posts
QUOTE (tony321 @ Apr 17 2010, 05:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=798177
I was going down highway about 65mph when the car started to decelarate had to get off highway quick .I stoped at a store checked fluid levels everything was fine .Started car back up and drove home on small streets because car would not go faster than 10mph. The car idles great in neutral and in drive but when I try to drive it ,it acts like it has a governor on it ,it will not rev up or go faster than 10 mph.The gears work as far as reverse and maybe first in drive. :wub: :wub:[/b]

does it go into gear? are you sure it isn't a poer problem with the engine? revving in neutral how fast does it get to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts