Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a replacement for the fuel filler hose for the Taurus station wagon not sedan. are the hoses the same or not . taurus wagon Fuel filler neck side has a 1 1/4 and a one inch on the Gas tank side dont know for sure about the gas tank side yet . Have a new fuel filler neck made for the Station wagon they still sell those but not the rubber fuel filler hose any more . anyone know where to get one or can you make one that fits by using two hoses join together in the middle .does the 2003 sedan one work on it . The websites say no! Thanks

·
Registered
11,503 Posts
Need a replacement for the fuel filler hose for the Taurus station wagon not sedan. are the hoses the same or not . taurus wagon Fuel filler neck side has a 1 1/4 and a one inch on the Gas tank side dont know for sure about the gas tank side yet . Have a new fuel filler neck made for the Station wagon they still sell those but not the rubber fuel filler hose any more . anyone know where to get one or can you make one that fits by using two hoses join together in the middle .does the 2003 sedan one work on it . The websites say no! Thanks
I made a JY sedan filler work on my '01 wagon. Pic of the OE one. Shape slightly different but the three bolt holes do not line up. I had to drill holes in the body for the three attachments. Small angle mis match. Been 12 years so barely remember what. Worked for 4 more years after and then I sold the wagon. Maybe some JY wagons left.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just used the old hose was still good . It was 10 inches long and 1 1/4 diameter on the fuel filler end . Didnt take the other end off from the gas tank. The rockauto fuel filler neck i bought fit like a glove and wasnt to hard to replace . Screw holes on the filler neck matched the screw in holes perfect. My tube gas flap was bent making a check engine light for open gas cap . Now its fixed . I ordered the SPECTRA PREMIUM FN595 for a station wagon ! The cheaper gas necks lot of times comes damaged have to send back. Had to send back the cheaper one and bought the best one it was perfect. had same problem on my 03 caravan had to send filler necks back two time to get one that wasnt damaged or had the flap bent inside same problem as what i was replacing. so if you order one be sure when it comes look inside make sure flaps good or youll be wasting your time installing it. Most shops want a 100 bucks to put one in. i like saving money if i can do it your self . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts