Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted originally in the intro forum but was not sure ho to move here to the proper area. ( I hope). My Transmission will not engage and have determined that is not the transmission shifter lever, everything is connected and even replaced transmission range sensor. Someone posted to the thread and said the Torque Converter Splines are shot (thank you) , this has been repeated by some shops in my area. I have done lots of big jobs on my cars and this one would rank right up there. The cost of a new torque converter vs a shop doing it is extreme so I want to attempt it. I have done transmission before but my question is should I get a used one and then put in a new T-verter? Rebuilt are a bit pricy as well.. I had some slippage while back and a flush and refill seemed to fix it. I'm trying not to waste my time so any advice is appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
cbphinney
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing