Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what parts will inter-change between a Jaguar S-Type and the Taurus? I'm looking at the rotors and brake pads on EBay, they look pretty good, and their zinc plated so they look good for a while.

Thanks
Robert

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Nothing. It's a completely different platform. I'm sure you could have brackets machined that would allow you to use the Jag's calipers and pads, but nothing is going to fit right off the bat. Further, your 2003 has rear drums. If you want to upgrade to disc, grab them off a Gen III SHO, or for vented rotors, get them from a Gen I SHO.

JR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JR, I quess it's just me, but these cars look very simular, I figured that Ford would swap a lot of parts arond with Jaguar.

I don't know if my wagon's unique, but it has 4 wheel disks, and want to upgrade the stock 7 spoke wheels with something diffrent. I thought I do 17 inch wheels, and replace the rotors with the plated ones (being old skool, I don't like to see rusty anything on my cars).

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I don't know if my wagon's unique, but it has 4 wheel disks[/b]
4-wheel discs were standard on Gen IV wagons.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Thanks JR, I quess it's just me, but these cars look very simular, I figured that Ford would swap a lot of parts arond with Jaguar.

I don't know if my wagon's unique, but it has 4 wheel disks, and want to upgrade the stock 7 spoke wheels with something diffrent. I thought I do 17 inch wheels, and replace the rotors with the plated ones (being old skool, I don't like to see rusty anything on my cars).

Robert
[/b]
There are zinc coated rotors for the Taurus sedan...and I would there you can get them for the wagon, as well.

I will tell you that my wife's Mazda has OEM Zinc coated rotors, and they rusted after a year or so. We do live in NJ, though, so salt might have been a factor.

If I were you, I'd just buy cheap rotors and put a couple of coats of high temp Rustoleum on the hat and outside edge of the rotors than buy questionable eBay rotors.

JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts