Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
‘2003 Taurus: I need the location of my default door combo. The owners manual just says it's on the computer. No card and previous owner didn't know it.’
It should be behind the fuse block under the area above the driver's feet. It would be on a paper card attached to the bottom of that panel. It is behind the panel with a bit of it hanging down.
The print is facing away from you. You can take a chance in removing the tag but I have used a mirror and put it behind and write down what you see. It will be mirror image. I take that written page and hold it up to a mirror and in the mirror you will see the number. If someone has removed it, than your last resort is, on the bottom of the PCM.
IF by chance someone has installed a remote start, likely as with my '03 the keypad will only work to lock the car. Keypad for opening is bypassed and not operative.
-chart-

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
Per Chart's description above, it is printed on a sticker on the side of the GEM. I'm not quite as old school as Chart, I stuck my cell phone up there and took a pic of it. Sometimes there's a piece of electrical tape obscuring the last number of the code. On one of our SHO's it was the last two, just went through the progressions starting at 00 and at lucky number 63 was met with success.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It should be behind the fuse block under the area above the driver's feet. It would be on a paper card attached to the bottom of that panel. It is behind the panel with a bit of it hanging down.
The print is facing away from you. You can take a chance in removing the tag but I have used a mirror and put it behind and write down what you see. It will be mirror image. I take that written page and hold it up to a mirror and in the mirror you will see the number. If someone has removed it, than your last resort is, on the bottom of the PCM.
IF by chance someone has installed a remote start, likely as with my '03 the keypad will only work to lock the car. Keypad for opening is bypassed and not operative.
-chart-
-chart-
Thank you. Eventually I did find it. Yes, until I found/felt the paper strip, tag; what you had said didn't quite make sense. I was able to slip my phone camera set to .6 magnification, (wide angle), force the flash and set the timer to get the pic.
I was just about to do the dealer visit but decided to try one more time.
Thanks again to all who came to my rescue. Much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
793 Posts
I can almost guarantee you the dealer would've gotten into your wallet, lol!
They wanted $140 to retrieve mine for my '06 500 in 08 or 09. I decided to pass and went the 10 years without the code. I got the code for my '17 but have never used it (and currently can't remember it, but the wife will).

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
They wanted $140 to retrieve mine for my '06 500 in 08 or 09. I decided to pass and went the 10 years without the code. I got the code for my '17 but have never used it (and currently can't remember it, but the wife will).
^+1. I remember retrieving the code for my middle son's '06 500 from down near the interior drivers side fuse box. He was elated, lol!

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
^+1. I remember retrieving the code for my middle son's '06 500 from down near the interior drivers side fuse box. He was elated, lol!
My Lincolns had the code on the trunk hinge. Right out in plain sight.
Then Bulls hide it like a military top secret.
My past Sable wagon, first owner put it in paint marker inside the front door frame.
My present wagon has it inside the owner's guide. This little book that looks like it has never been opened. I'm the 4th owner.
-chart-

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
793 Posts
I looked everywhere I could to find it, no luck. I was NOT paying that much to have Ford plug in a scan tool to retrieve the info from the computer. I lived without it for the 10 years I had the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts