Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldy has some issue again. The engine is hard to pass 2000RPM and engine sound loud but not squealing or Knocking.
There was also some smell of burn engine oil...Can it be bad spark plug or something else? Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. When I blow air to the exhaust system, there was liquid (not oil) came from one of the joint. Any suggestions on what part to order and how to repair this?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hood

Automotive tire Wood Gas Electrical wiring Auto part

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
583 Posts
Do a compression check on all of your cylinders to see if you have a blown head gasket. If you have fluid leaking from the exhaust pipe, it probably came from the radiator.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Most likely you can also smell coolant coming out of the tail pipe when the engine is running. That is assuming you are using coolant and not water, because there is of course always water coming out of the tailpipe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The coolant level is pretty stable. I haven't add for ~ 1 year. Anyway, let me try to check. BTW, how should I seal this leak? The clamp here seems not working...

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Are you sure the liquid isnt just condensed water from the combustion process?

Looks to me like the muffler clamp isnt close enough to the joint in the pipes to seal properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts