Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I replaced both the transmission and the alternator. NOW my check engine light is on, but NOT blinking. I'm told that's not as bad as if it were blinking. And there's an exclamation point light on that IS blinking, but THAT is periodically. Not constant, like the check engine light. Someone hit my car a couple years ago, essentially totaling it, but my insurance company didn't declare it totaled. It's never driven the same since though. My issue is I don't know if this repair is going to be worth fixing, after all the money I've already put into it for a new transmission and alternator. Has anyone else had this problem? If it's going to cost over $1,000, I'm better off just buying a new car, seeing as my warranty expired... I drove the car for a week with these lights, and it seemed fine, but now it's driving like it's seizing. I don't need an oil change for another 2,000 miles. Someone said it might be an issue with the struts??

·
Registered
562 Posts
as long as you are driving it pull into one of the chain auto parts stores and most of them will do a free trouble code scan. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts