Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I just became a member here in order to help out an older lady who owns a 2003 Ford Taurus SES with a 3.0L V6 Vulcan engine.

Basically, she's telling me that many times she tries to open the door with the remote control (key fob) and it won't work. Car won't start either, like if everything just died. Nothing will work. No lights, no power windows, no nothing. Then, after trying a few times and/or waiting 15 minutes or so, everything would work as normal.

In fatc, yesterday while driving, the car just stopped running and literally working at all. Then, after pulling over, car restarted and kept working like nothing happen. That was the first time this happened (cutting off while driving) though.

BTW, she bought a new battery last November.

First of all, I'm not a mechanic, but I checked every single wire under the hood and connection. I've been doing quite a lot of Google research online, but haven't found any specific answer. I've even checked the VIN for recalls on Ford's webpage, but no recalls showed up. Obviously, it seems to be an electrical issue, but with what specifically, I've no idea.

She's taken the car to some dude, but they told her that they could not find any problems, however, this dude does not have a computer to check for codes. If anything, I told her to take it to Pep Boys in order to find out if car's throwing any codes.

So, please if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I hope Y'all having a great Memorial weekend!

Serg

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I would first disconnect/lube/reconnect grounding strips. Continue with fuses and relays. Then all electrical connectors..... until someone suggests a better solution.

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Elect

I would first disconnect/lube/reconnect grounding strips. Continue with fuses and relays. Then all electrical connectors..... until someone suggests a better solution.
Might look in General dis post area, and look at Tips from The Old Coot, last post for dynamic test of connections.

Of course I am that old coot.:p

I have seen bad connections in connectors, that you cannot see the problem by looking. These are usually day one errors that do not pop up for a while. Weak connections can work when new and clean, but as some age happens, they break down.

Cheers.

-chart-

·
Banned
323 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to try cleaning the battery posts and cables. Make 'em nice and shiny. That's a good place to start. Who ever installed the battery may not have done so at installation. Resistance builds up...once it gets to that certain point, resistance wins and not electricity is allowed through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts