New Rear Brakes (Pads and Drums)
New Rear Springs
New Filter
New Oil Change
All fluids topped off

Needs:
Tie Rods
Oil Pan Gasket
Exhaust Intake Box (CE light is on because of it)

Looking to get $3,250 obo for it. KBB is $3,400. Since it was a salemans car, the back bumper is chipped, and the hood has stone marks from highway. There are two dents on the passenger side, and the driver door got replaced with a sable, so there is chrome, while the other doors have black. Would make a great first car or Christmas present ;) With purchase, I will send the car in to be detailed, so it looks brand new:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
...... That is not worth that at all.. It is worth 250 Dollars. My car with 141k is worth 500 dollars to a dealer.

I can't believe this one...

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
:blink:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im just trying to get all the money we put into it back. Thats why the preice is cheap. I might lower it to $2,500-2,000, just to get the damned thing out of here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And it was that high, because I was going by Kelly Blue Book, which for some reason says its worth 3400.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maayybee $2k flat. If you post it on Craigslist and wait. And wait...

The guy saying $500 is way off for private party value, but yeah, a dealer won't give you jack.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I didn't think a 200,000 mile car was worth anything to anyone except it's owner. I guess Honda's have a following, so I suppose someone might be willing to pay that much for a Honda, but the fact that it needs work too?!?

If you want $2K for it, I would start off by fixing the CEL at the very least. I would then pray that someone wouldn't check under the car and notice the gasket and tie rod issue, but I have to assume anyone willing to pay $2K for a car with 200,000 miles on it, is willing to check it out at a shop.

Good luck. I would bet that it doesn't sell for any more than $1,000.

I guarantee any ad you place on Craigslist for $2K or more will result in endless offers to purchase it for more than you're asking, as long as you are willing to wire money via Western Union.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maayybee $2k flat. If you post it on Craigslist and wait. And wait...

The guy saying $500 is way off for private party value, but yeah, a dealer won't give you jack.
I went to another dealer, and he said he would give me $1,300 towards a 2005 Explorer XLT with all the bells and whistles (Retailed $11,990 w/trade $10,770) But then I cant see my first car going to auction. I just want an Explorer, but this damned Taurus is giving me more problems then it started. But I guess thats what I get for $800 lol

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Im just trying to get all the money we put into it back.
That rarely happens unless it's a classic 60's Muscle Car. Damn sure not with a Taurus. You'll be real lucky to get $1000 for it on a private sale. What a dealer gives you on trade, he'll just take back in the "deal" price on the new vehicle (i.e. screw you).

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Take the trade and don't obsess over the car's subsequent fate. What do you care if it's wholesaled or scrapped or whatever. It's out of your hands.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts