Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

2003 Sel Gauges

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  BigLurch1884 
#1 ·
I just took the plunge and bought a 2003 Taurus SEL. I love the car (except the headlights, which will be replaced with SilverStars ASAP), but I noticed something odd: all the brochures show the SEL trim with the "White faced, brushed satin" gauges, and the gauges on my car are the standard black.
Since I got the car as a demo, I guess I'm wondering if the dealer did something to the dash, or it came this way from the factory. Anyone have any insight? Thanks- 2003SEL

#3 ·
My '02 SEL Premium came with the black gauges. The Centinennel is the only one I know of with the white face, maybe that was the brochure you were looking at.

Edit:

Pardon the hell outta me
Welcome to the club !!!!

Now I think the total is 5 SEL's in the TCCA..that I know of.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. The brochure I have does show the white faced gauges in the parchment interior (like on the centennial). I will check the build date and post it, but can anyone tell me where that sticker is located on the Taurus? Thanks again- 2003SEL

#6 ·
For the build date and other info (paint code, options, etc) check the drivers side door or door post. The build date should show up as month and year (i.e. mine is 06/03). Your VIN can also be located on the forward most part of the dash on the drivers side by looking through the windshield.

#9 ·
Originally posted by afi292@Jan 15 2004, 03:23 PM
I think only the cent. editions have them... btw the white gaugues are nice...i wonder if we can have a ford dealership put in a set of the cent. gauges in a reg taurus..hmmm
or you could just buy a set of them from either ford, or an aftermarket company and put them in your self. there are tutorials on how to do it, you could save alot of cash doing it that way

#10 ·
My 2000 SEL has this chrome gauge cluster plate. Its listed up on ebay as going into a Gen3 96-99 Taurus, but the Gen4 has the same dash. It looks good against the black gauges. I thought of ordering the Centennial plate but white and chrome together looks washed out. The plate is pretty cheap too. Ahhhh Ebay...

Attachments

#12 ·
Originally posted by bco1206@Jan 15 2004, 01:29 PM
My 2000 SEL has this chrome gauge cluster plate. Its listed up on ebay as going into a Gen3 96-99 Taurus, but the Gen4 has the same dash. It looks good against the black gauges. I thought of ordering the Centennial plate but white and chrome together looks washed out. The plate is pretty cheap too. Ahhhh Ebay...
maybe it's just me, but the guages in the pic look brown, almost like a wood grain finish. Anyone else this, or am I (as usual ) coming out of left field?

#14 ·
Originally posted by 2003SEL@Jan 15 2004, 01:39 PM
I want to thank all of you for your responses. This board is one of the best car sites I've seen. Thanks again-

2003SEL
Now you must do as we have, admit that you are now addicted. You must stand and say aloud..." Hi, I'm 2003 SEL, and I'm a TCCA addict." Once you come to grips and accept your addiction, only then can you fully embrace TCCA.

And for your admittance I will serve you lunch....today's special is.....
Banana chili.

#15 ·
White face gaugues ARE NOT only available on the centennial. In fact, the gaugues on the centennial are completely different than the white face available for the SEL. The Centennial gaugues are a satin cream or something like that. The SEL's are white face.

None of you probably have them because they are an option; not standard. You can go to a lot and look at the SEL's if your dealership doesn't have the 2004's yet. You'll probably see one with the white gaugues that isn't a centennial edition.

Here's a picture. This is NOT an SEL:

Attachments

#16 ·
Thank you kjw86ca, I was thinking about that pic. By the way welcome to the club
You are going to learn so much about your car it could make you sick. I am glad to see the 03' SEL crowd growing. If you have any questions at all pertaining to your 03' just message me on the board.

Don't forget to check out the garage(top right of the screen) either. It has everyone's modifications on it. Very cool tool.

#17 ·
Well heres on idea instead of waiting for the white face gauge... do what kjw did... which I believe he replaced the light behind the speedometer instead of going through the hassle of finding the white face guage, which I wouldn't mind having but ... still looks awesome either way.. currently working on changing my bulb to red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.